Would Tubeless Have Helped?

Razors Edge

17 hours ago, No One said:

...depends on how big the hole is on the inside.  If it exceeds a certain diameter or area, the sealant stuff won't plug the hole and it just keeps on oozing out. That tyre is looking a little worn in the center portion anyway.  Check your wear indicators. 

When I see threads, that's when the tire is worn :D

It was actually a pretty small hole once the glass was removed - almost impossible to find when visually inspecting the tire (after I had removed the glass and dropped the tire to look at the piece of glass).  I had to find the puncture in the tube and match it up against the tire to spot  the hole.

In any case, it was an older 4000S, which I had swapped on when I got a proper gash in a pretty new 4000S II.  ? So, now, there is a fresh 4000S II on there, but I was just thinking a tubeless might have handled this sort of thing. 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, No One said:

...depends on how big the hole is on the inside.  If it exceeds a certain diameter or area, the sealant stuff won't plug the hole and it just keeps on oozing out. That tyre is looking a little worn in the center portion anyway.  Check your wear indicators.

I think this... I bought plugs recently for this reason.

It may of sealed it.  Once the piece of glass was removed, my guess would be no. A friend of mine had issue upon issue sealing tiny holes for the long hall. It would seal, then 10 miles away out comes the sealant.With the pressures of road tires I'm not a fan of tubeless. So he would run ≈60 psi. Pressurizing back to 90 psi or so the issues begin. The tires can be patched from the inside (like a car taar). Not sure if you can do this on the road or not. Also removing a tubeless tire is a major PITA (again my friend is my only reference).