I am putting winter air in my car taars

Ralphie

Just now, Road Runner said:

I am always amazed at how rough and bumpy the roads around get after I add 5 or so lbs in each tire.   :(

Yeah!  The del Sol was really low because since the newer Civic has a low pressure alarm, I got out of the habit of regular checking on all the cars.  That was a mistake - the del Sol taars were very low.  Now it rides like a truck, but it steers easier.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Our vehicles including the trailers I run 40 psi.

My son in law says he puts near the max of 44 in his Civic.  I never heard of such a thing! That must ride like shit!  I usually try to go with the door sticker values,32 for the Civic, like 28 for the del Sol, and 35 for the van.  But with highly variable temps like we have now, I can see going a little high to cover the swings.

30 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My son in law says he puts near the max of 44 in his Civic.  I never heard of such a thing! That must ride like shit!  I usually try to go with the door sticker values,32 for the Civic, like 28 for the del Sol, and 35 for the van.  But with highly variable temps like we have now, I can see going a little high to cover the swings.

I always do the door numbers plus two, just to allow for the inevitable leakage.  Being a very lazy person and always looking for ways to reduce effort,  I imagine that the extra pounds will extend the time before a refill is required.    :) 

• Awesome 1

With the low profile tires I really need to watch tire pressures closely.  The wife insists I run her Mazda5 tires a few pounds under the recommended pressure or it rides like a truck. Too low and she'll probably crack a rim. The Mazda3 insists I run its tires at the full recommended 36 pounds otherwise the pressure sensors flip out. And I've been running the Miata's tires five pounds under, just because its so light and rides like a battle wagon otherwise. But I noticed a paint chip on one of its rims due to pot holes and all the road construction. The truck on the other hand, doesn't much care about it's tire pressure. 

21 minutes ago, team scooter said:

The wife insists I run her Mazda5 tires a few pounds under the recommended pressure or it rides like a truck.

CX5?  How has that SUV been?  It is at the top of my wife's list right now.

One of the carpool guys with a Mazda 3 had one of his sensors go and I think it flattened the taar.  The Civic's finally stopped having fits on cold mornings after I aired up.  I was surprised there is THAT much variation with temperature - checked fine at 32 in the 50s but was around 24 in the 40s.

13 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

CX5?  How has that SUV been?  It is at the top of my wife's list right now.

The Mrs still has her 2012 Mazda5 mini van. Her next car will probably be the CX5. They do have the same 2.5 liter motor. Her's has well over 100,000 miles, and it has been great. 

• Awesome 1