Cheap men's wallet when you have lots of cards

MickinMD

My new (and old) wallet:

As someone who carries around 5 credit cards (to max. the cash-back), loyalty cards for Shoprite, Wegmans, Food Lion, etc., membership cards for U.S. Chess Federation, etc. a Senior Lifetime Pass to my county's pay-for parks, healthcare, Soc.Sec., drivers license, insurance, etc. cards, I love this wallet for both its usefulness, user-friendliness, and price.

It's a trifold wallet that folds up like a bifold wallet and is just a little thicker if it's filled with cards. The picture below shows the opened up wallet, where the back of the the middle third and the right third are the outside of the wallet when closed. The back side of the left side is identical to what you see of the right side and it snaps over the middle third during normal use - so the middle third and the part of the left side shown are where you'd put things you don't use as often or want more secure.There's a zippered pocket to store stuff behind the right side and there is a divider in the bill holding section so you can separate long stuff into two groups plus another zippered pocket that runs the length of the open wallet at the back of the bill holding section.

Since I've been in the habit of carrying my wallet in a front pocket ever since I went to grad school at IIT, in the South Side of Chicago (at the time when Jim Croce sang about "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown") where I was advised to do it that way, so lots of cards are not a problem for me.  Without too many cards, it would fit in a hip pocket with no trouble.

The one I purchased 3 1/2 years ago is getting a little dingy looking, so I just ordered two of them from Amazon - you never know when they'll stop carrying them!

1209320013_Wallet-Tri-Fold15cardsAmazon9.992018_11_10.thumb.JPG.cfde568f06a5c92022d87bc5872fd381.JPG

I am on a hunt for the perfect small leather wallet. It must fit my pannier pocket (which a lot are too big or not enough compartments for cards) to carry a few bills, some coins and lots of cards.  And it must be leather. I love leather since it stretches abit, long lasting, withstands a lot of stains due to wet hands, etc. and doesn't crack with age.  I have a beautiful red leather wallet over 15 yrs. old...that I can also SEE in the depths of my purse.

2 weekends ago I would have bought bison (kinda ugly brown colour) leather wallet but it wasn't the right size and didn't meet my needs. :(

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I try to limit the cards that I carry.  My health insurance cards, driver's license, bank ATM, and two credit cards (one of which I use for almost everything I buy).  I use a bifold and keep it in my hip pocket.  Easy peasy.   :) 

Dearie hasn't carried his wallet in his hip pocket in decades. 

It's close to his cycling vest pocket or wind pants zipper pocket along his thigh. Maybe living in a smaller town, theft is not a problem...but never in a big city.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I try to limit the cards that I carry.  My health insurance cards, driver's license, bank ATM, and two credit cards (one of which I use for almost everything I buy).  I use a bifold and keep it in my hip pocket.  Easy peasy.   :) 

I similarly try to keep the cards down. 

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I minimize the stuff I need to carry to just the stuff I need to carry.  Cash, debit card, credit card, DL, social security card, subway card, and sometimes Costco card.  No more if I can help it.

I haven't ever carried my SSN card.  Why do you need to carry that?  Too many numbers to remember?  :)  

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Since I've been in the habit of carrying my wallet in a front pocket ever since I went to grad school at IIT, in the South Side of Chicago (at the time when Jim Croce sang about "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown") where I was advised to do it that way, so lots of cards are not a problem for me. 

I used to have a cow-orker from Long Gisland who did that and it seemed weird to me.  He wore worn jeans so the outline was unmistakable.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Too many numbers to remember? 

Yes!  I don't bother remembering phone numbers anymore.  

I mostly carry the SS card based on the number of times I am asked for 2 forms of ID these days.  It is weird that having possession of it would somehow mean that it is mine.

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yeah, I thoiught they said not to carry that in case you loose your wallet.  I think I used to carry mine until it sort of vaporized from age though. :D

Actually, IIRC, Virginia used to use your SSN as your DL number.  A number of years ago, they realized this really wasn't a good idea and started using a new numbering system.   :)

45 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Dearie hasn't carried his wallet in his hip pocket in decades. 

It's close to his cycling vest pocket or wind pants zipper pocket along his thigh. Maybe living in a smaller town, theft is not a problem...but never in a big city.

Criminals here don't just pick your pocket.  They take it from you after they shoot you dead.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I use that and a baggie if I don't have condoms.

Actually I really have something like this on the back of my phone.  I just keep insurance card, license and debit card in it.  But I did use a rubber band for a long, long time. Wrapped cash around my cards and secured it with a rubber band.  

Image result for silicone card holder for phone custom

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Actually I really have something like this on the back of my phone.  I just keep insurance card, license and debit card in it.  But I did use a rubber band for a long, long time. Wrapped cash around my cards and secured it with a rubber band.  

Image result for silicone card holder for phone custom

I still carry a wallet for every day stuff  but have one of these on my phone case for rides & gym. ID, ATM & Ins Card go with in case something happens.