Bad ass

Longjohn

It may be badass, but it is also completely dumb.  Kind of ridiculous that no officials stopped her from continuing.  It isn't pro sports, your team wasn't going to win, there is nothing to be gained and she certainly harmed the hell out of her knees and the crawling had potential to cause permanent damage.  I think she is an idiot.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It may be badass, but it is also completely dumb.  Kind of ridiculous that no officials stopped her from continuing.  It isn't pro sports, your team wasn't going to win, there is nothing to be gained and she certainly harmed the hell out of her knees and the crawling had potential to cause permanent damage.  I think she is an idiot.

Also all broken bones are not created equal. Her feet were both still pointed in the same direction. I have had one pointing forward and the other pointing backwards.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Also all broken bones are not created equal. Her feet were both still pointed in the same direction. I have had one pointing forward and the other pointing backwards.

And what did you do the moment you broke your appendage?  "Ah hell, should I watch a little tv, make some tea, and crawl to the hospital, or maybe just have someone take me there directly?"

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Look, if she was intent on doing something strenuous that was going to hurt her leg like all hell and screw her knees up, she could have just serviced her husband.  Now the poor guy is going to have to go without until those scabby knees heal up at least.  

No one seems concerned about the real victim here. :(

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

And what did you do the moment you broke your appendage?  "Ah hell, should I watch a little tv, make some tea, and crawl to the hospital, or maybe just have someone take me there directly?"

There were lots of people around. They wanted to help me get up or call an ambulance. I told them to just let me lay there a bit, I’ll probably be ok. A nurse from orthopedic sports medicine was just getting off work and saw me laying there. She stopped and checked me out and put a blanket under my head. She is the one who pointed out the one foot pointing north and one pointing south. She said that was not a good sign. I asked my wife to ride back and get the car, I’m going to need to go to the ER. I wasn’t able to get in the car, a policeman said he already called an ambulance.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

There were lots of people around. They wanted to help me get up or call an ambulance. I told them to just let me lay there a bit, I’ll probably be ok. A nurse from orthopedic sports medicine was just getting off work and saw me laying there. She stopped and checked me out and put a blanket under my head. She is the one who pointed out the one foot pointing north and one pointing south. She said that was not a good sign. I asked my wife to ride back and get the car, I’m going to need to go to the ER. I wasn’t able to get in the car, a policeman said he already called an ambulance.

Was there any discomfort?

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Character, determination and class.  I'm not at all surprised that a Japanese runner would continue by any means possible.

I agree with this.  If we just give up on everything in life when it gets a little uncomfortable, what does that say about us?  I would have continued if I could and people were counting on me.

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I agree with this.  If we just give up on everything in life when it gets a little uncomfortable, what does that say about us?  I would have continued if I could and people were counting on me.

Especially in local Japanese culture where doing anything to not let down the team is very important.  This is probably even more true at the amateur level than for somewhat jaded professionals.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1