Oh my.

maddmaxx

This summer I was passed by ambulances and fire trucks with their lights flashing and sirens blowing. A few more miles down the road I came to the problem. We have a road with a long steep hill so it has an extra lane so you can pass slow vehicles. The right hand lane was all fire trucks and ambulances and police cars all with their stuff flashing. Over on the right side of the road was a fireman hosing down a lone tree that had somehow caught on fire. An exciting day in Mayberry.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

We live across the street from a firehouse. They go out more for groceries than actual calls. 

Until it rains. The they really make their keep. WTF do people around here lose their minds when it rains??

When I first moved to the city here, it soon dawned on me that the sirens would go off only a few minutes after the rain started. Every .... single .... time.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Nope.  It wasn't a drill.  The old rich guy at the end of the street passed away.  I guess all they had to do was put the body in the bag and leave again.  

If anyone's interested there may be a house with a pool,tennis court and back yard access to a bike trail available here soon.

Paved or unpaved?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Nope.  It wasn't a drill.  The old rich guy at the end of the street passed away.  I guess all they had to do was put the body in the bag and leave again.  

If anyone's interested there may be a house with a pool,tennis court and back yard access to a bike trail available here soon.

Cheese bait?