Indiana State Cyclocross Championship

Parr8hed

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Holy hell, I just thought you were an overly proud parent (like all of us), but it turns out that G is actually pretty good!  Why have you been holding out on us?

He is getting there.  Has really been putting in work.  Learning to embrace the trainer.  I guess the next step is a power meter.  He was really close to getting the Indiana kid in front of him.  That would have made him state champ and put him on the podium for the overall in his race.  The Kentucky kids are faaaaaaast. 

• Heart 2

Just now, Parr8hed said:

He is getting there.  Has really been putting in work.  Learning to embrace the trainer.  I guess the next step is a power meter.  He was really close to getting the Indiana kid in front of him.  That would have made him state champ and put him on the podium for the overall in his race.  The Kentucky kids are faaaaaaast. 

That's awesome. A 15 yo kid I ride with (and his parents) got the Michigan junior track championship. Kids are fast.

• Heart 1

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

First place got a bus and third place got a dog, so what did G win?

Congrats!

He got a nice healthy dose of "If you would have stayed on that kid's wheel in front of you, you'd be a state champ right now" from his dad on the way home. ?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

He got a nice healthy dose of "If you would have stayed on that kid's wheel in front of you, you'd be a state champ right now" from his dad on the way home. ?

The king of the other place, vb1, stated his cx strategy was to stay with the leaders until near the end. The psychological advantage from such a strategy is multifold.

• Heart 1