Tell me something else cheerful

Randomguy

Clean eating has made a drastic improvement in my blood glucose readings in just one week.  As inspired to be healthy as I have been in a long time.  Sad to say for a while there I wanted to dig a hole, climb in and pull it in after me.  Told wife of jsharr last night I am going to kick diabetes butt!  

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

AWESOMESAUCE!  Just with keto diet and exercise?    

Yup.

I am making my first stab at the next step today. I did my 50 on the treadmill and I am skipping breakfast, for a while. I plan on eating between now and dinner, but one meal, instead of 2.

One thing, Keto and diabetes meds don't play nice together. If you try Keto, you will likely have to deal with that. I stopped doing the meds because they were screwing with the keto. You might not have that problem, but I did.

1 minute ago, late said:

Yup.

I am making my first stab at the next step today. I did my 50 on the treadmill and I am skipping breakfast, for a while. I plan on eating between now and dinner, but one meal, instead of 2.

One thing, Keto and diabetes meds don't play nice together. If you try Keto, you will likely have to deal with that. I stopped doing the meds because they were screwing with the keto. You might not have that problem, but I did.

I have read that skipping breakfast can lead to blood glucose spikes, so I have been making an effort to eat a portion controlled sensible breakfast.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I have read that skipping breakfast can lead to blood glucose spikes, so I have been making an effort to eat a portion controlled sensible breakfast.  

I've never been able to fast before this. My keto guru DeLauer advocates short term fasting, and Dr Fung also thinks it a good idea. I think I posted Utobeornottobe videos from both here yesterday, in another thread.

I have a guess. After you do keto for a while, your body gets better at burning fat so hopefully, that won't be a problem. If I wake up outside a DQ manana morning...

5 minutes ago, late said:

I've never been able to fast before this. My keto guru DeLauer advocates short term fasting, and Dr Fung also thinks it a good idea. I think I posted Utobeornottobe videos from both here yesterday, in another thread.

I have a guess. After you do keto for a while, your body gets better at burning fat so hopefully, that won't be a problem. If I wake up outside a DQ manana morning...

I hope you don't, but if you do, will you get me the smallest Heath bar Blizzard they make?

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I hope you don't, but if you do, will you get me the smallest Heath bar Blizzard they make?

You know, I've never, ever, had a Blizzard. I've had really thick shakes, but something about them turns me off.

I don't actually crave sweets like I used to. If I get low blood sugar in the grocery store, all bets are off. But the closest I come now is lusting for pancakes. I dream more about pizza, and other wheat based things. And sushi.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Clean eating sounds much better than dirty eating.  I'm not really sure what dirty eating is, but it probably isn't good for you.

For me it is eating real food, like chicken breast and steamed veggies vs a burger or a taco.  Or a scrambled egg and some yogurt instead of a donut.  Or some mixed nuts or carrot sticks instead of candy bar or chips.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I poop a lot less and sometimes when I wipe, the toilet paper comes back unsoiled after the first pass.  This is known as a "clean break"

...said every naughty poop oyster since time immemorial.  You don't want to become anally retentive in order to fix your blood sugar, man.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Clean eating sounds much better than dirty eating.  I'm not really sure what dirty eating is, but it probably isn't good for you.

A cow-worker came into work today with a half dozen of donuts and a can of Red Bull. Now eating a bag of chips and on her second can of Mountain Dew. 

I would like to test her blood sugar just to see what the number is. 

I wanted to impress the director of one of the chess teams I play for, Mike Doyle of Alabama who heads Team USA: Southeast in the North American and US Leagues. He's rated about 150 points higher than me, which means he should win about 4 of every 5 games we play.

I won by sheer luck in our first rated game against each other, not playing very well, then I played poorly and lost the next two games against him.  Now we're in our 4th game and I just pulled-off a clever combination: sacrificing a Rook to gain position after which he had to lose material to stay in the game, so I'm ahead a Bishop and, as Churchill said the day after Pearl Harbor, "The only thing remaining is the proper application of overwhelming force."

44 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I wanted to impress the director of one of the chess teams I play for, Mike Doyle of Alabama who heads Team USA: Southeast in the North American and US Leagues. He's rated about 150 points higher than me, which means he should win about 4 of every 5 games we play.

I won by sheer luck in our first rated game against each other, not playing very well, then I played poorly and lost the next two games against him.  Now we're in our 4th game and I just pulled-off a clever combination: sacrificing a Rook to gain position after which he had to lose material to stay in the game, so I'm ahead a Bishop and, as Churchill said the day after Pearl Harbor, "The only thing remaining is the proper application of overwhelming force."

Your scammer/hacker has Mike's credentials now too.

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

A cow-worker came into work today with a half dozen of donuts and a can of Red Bull. Now eating a bag of chips and on her second can of Mountain Dew. 

I would like to test her blood sugar just to see what the number is. 

I had a coworker who was at least 465 lbs. His bloodwork was better than mine. Blood sugar and cholesterol.