An important Thanksgiving question!!!

jsharr

Stuffing or dressing?  What do you call it.  

My son says stuffing.  I almost use the two terms interchangeably, but I have only cooked one Thanksgiving turkey and with it I did a cherry pecan stuffing cooked in the bird.

I think if it is made in the bird it is stuffing and if is made outside the bird it is dressing.

discus

26 minutes ago, jsharr said:

think if it is made in the bird it is stuffing and if is made outside the bird it is dressing.

That’s what my wife says. I always called it stuffing. It was one of my favorite foods so my mom and my wife always made a big batch, whatever didn’t fit in the bird was cooked separate but it was all from the same huge bowl that it was made in.

• Heart 2

50 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Image result for spicy lube

After water, the main ingredient is sugar. Next down the list is soy sauce, and after that is brown sugar.

That's not diet friendly at all. Their rubs have little sugar, and it's not hard to make a rub. I made one yesterday. If you are making a sauce, use a little molasses, you get a lot of flavor, but not a lot of sugar.

1 minute ago, late said:

After water, the main ingredient is sugar. Next down the list is soy sauce, and after that is brown sugar.

That's not diet friendly at all. Their rubs have little sugar, and it's not hard to make a rub. I made one yesterday. If you are making a sauce, use a little molasses, you get a lot of flavor, but not a lot of sugar.

You're taking this waaaaaay to seriously.  We're talking PRI not the dietary nastiness of one of @jsharr's home remedies. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, late said:

You did not read the dildos/ lube / hot sauce posts, did you?

BTW, I stole the picture.  I do not use that as a rub on my chicken or as a lube on my dildo.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

You're taking this waaaaaay to seriously.  We're talking PRI not the dietary nastiness of one of @jsharr's home remedies. 

People have been telling me that since the 1960s.

I yam what I am yam, and that's all that I yam, a minor god of information.

4 minutes ago, late said:

People have been telling me that since the 1960s.

I yam what I am yam, and that's all that I yam, a minor god of information.

You too can change.  You too can create a better version of you.  It is never too late even if you too are Late.  Just ask @onbike1939.  Oh wait, never mind.  Ask @RalphWaldoMooseworth.  He's older than dirt and he embraces change... OK maybe not embraces but at least hold hands with it... OK maybe not actually holds hands with it but at least waves in passing... OK, don't ask Ralph.

Anyway - Change is good.

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You too can change.  You too can create a better version of you.  It is never too late even if you too are Late.  Just ask @onbike1939.  Oh wait, never mind.  Ask @RalphWaldoMooseworth.  He's older than dirt and he embraces change... OK maybe not embraces but at least hold hands with it... OK maybe not actually holds hands with it but at least waves in passing... OK, don't ask Ralph.

Anyway - Change is good.

I am already doing the change that I want to do.

When I lived in europe, the thing I heard a lot was that Americans were children. This was in the early 70s, and I didn't much like the comment.

I have since learned they were correct.

59 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Anyway - Change is good.

Absolute balderdash.......things need to stay exactly how they are. These days change happens for change's sake and not for making things better. These days, Change is for the most part merely a tool used to make a something more expensive.... rather than to improve it.

Not only that....but look at me. There was a time when I had hair and lots of it....good teeth, the digestion of a wolf and I could run all day and all night.....I mean I was a delight. Now change has meant that nothing works anymore and a satisfactory bowel movement can make my day....it's pitiful. 

19 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Absolute balderdash.......things need to stay exactly how they are. These days change happens for change's sake and not for making things better. These days, Change is for the most part merely a tool used to make a something more expensive.... rather than to improve it.

Not only that....but look at me. There was a time when I had hair and lots of it....good teeth, the digestion of a wolf and I could run all day and all night.....I mean I was a delight. Now change has meant that nothing works anymore and a satisfactory bowel movement can make my day....it's pitiful. 

Shut up...... Who asked you?  Oh, wait.