Garmin watch

Square Wheels

I bought a nifty Garmin watch on Amazon.  I was looking for a screen protector for it and not having any luck.  I figured I'd check the Garmin site and saw the watch I bought just over a month ago is 150 less than I spent.  I contacted Amazon.  It's more than 30 days since I bought it, but they agreed to take it back.  They won't refund the difference.  I feel bad for the seller (a little), but this is a bad set up from Amazon.

I ordered a new one from Garmin.

I'd had a computer monitor in Saved for Later, and that was going to be Xmas for me. A few days ago, the price jumped $80. And then jumped up another $40 a few days later.  Needless to say, I am trying to find a suitable replacement. Which you'd think would be easy. There is a gulf between cheap gaming monitors, and good ones. And nearly nothing in the middle. Which is why they thought they could raise the price, they think they have me over a barrel. They are going to need a rolling donut.

7 hours ago, late said:

I'd had a computer monitor in Saved for Later, and that was going to be Xmas for me. A few days ago, the price jumped $80. And then jumped up another $40 a few days later.  Needless to say, I am trying to find a suitable replacement. Which you'd think would be easy. There is a gulf between cheap gaming monitors, and good ones. And nearly nothing in the middle. Which is why they thought they could raise the price, they think they have me over a barrel. They are going to need a rolling donut.

There are other reasons that electronics produced in China are going up in price.  Just sayn without pushing this to P&R.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

There are other reasons that electronics produced in China are going up in price.  Just sayn without pushing this to P&R.

The other monitors aren't going up, at the moment. Even if you were right, that wouldn't explain a jump that was close to 25%. Some companies have computerised gouging.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

????

For a watch? What are you worried about on the Garmin that you aren't worried about in a Timex or Casio? Or did you get screen protectors for all your watches?

This cost a wee bit more than a Timex.

52 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Every increased possession loads us with new weariness.  

This is very Buddhist of you and I agree, to a point. 

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The older one's hand out samples.  The younger ones are out of sight in the back writing add copy. 

So, this is a management issue? I never see Millenials in management positions at warehouse clubs, but they too could be lurking in the back!

Just now, late said:

Then explain why the over a dozen other monitors I've been looking at haven't budged.

It might have something to do with when they came off the boat.  If you're looking at a unit that has had inventory for a few months then no increase.  If you're looking at a unit where the inventory just came off the boat, well then.... add the kicker.