Sometimes it’s hard to keep a straight face

Gump

I was giving a presentation this morning at a workshop. Probably 25 people in the audience. A woman asked a question and was trying to say they were doing something proactively. Instead she said profalacticly. She didn’t realize it but everyone else did. ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zackny said:

I was giving a presentation this morning at a workshop. Probably 25 people in the audience. A woman asked a question and was trying to say they were doing something proactively. Instead she said profalacticly. She didn’t realize it but everyone else did. ?

Wow.  Funny.

4 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Is that similar to doing it prophylacticly? Because maybe that was her intended word choice?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zackny said:

But really, how different is doing something proactively vs prophylactically? Sort of like doing early maintenance on a car?  It is getting ahead of the oil change (say changing at 3k vs 5k) or whatever versus heading off damage from bad oil???

What would be making me laugh (or cry if I was speaking) would be pronouncing that in public.  No effing way I could pull it off consistently.

3 hours ago, Zackny said:

I hope you weren't dick about it.

• Haha 1