You are a fool if you buy semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips

Randomguy

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know we covered this already, but I just had some.  Semi-sweet = goat ass.  Milk chocolate = boners and lady boners.

Well sure. But it's like seal fur thongs feel really good but you wouldn't want to wear one everyday. That's just foolishness.

21-seal-leather-thong-denmark.w710.h473.

29 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know we covered this already, but I just had some.  Semi-sweet = goat ass.  Milk chocolate = boners and lady boners.

...your level of gastronomic awareness  ignorance continues to surprise me.  Milk chocolate is what remains when you extract most of  the chocolate and add enough adulterants to appeal to six year old tastes.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What do you bake those into?

I think RG just needs a good recipe.

I've made low carb cookies, but mostly I just eat them out of the bag now. When I do that, I add a tblsp of Pyure and a tblsp or two of sugar. Which is just enough to take the edge off the chips.

I've stopped making them. When I do make something sweet, I pick something where I can get away with one tblsp of the artificial, and one tblsp of real sugar. I don't do that much, either. I eat too much of it.

One of my 'tricks' is to use one cup of tigernut flour and one cup of almond flour. The tigernut flour is pricey, but works well when making desserts.

My go to recipe, which I've only made once so far, is low carb cranberry muffins.

4 hours ago, No One said:

...your level of gastronomic awareness  ignorance continues to surprise me.  Milk chocolate is what remains when you extract most of  the chocolate and add enough adulterants to appeal to six year old tastes.

WRONG!  Adulterants are added because they taste better in the right combination than the crap semi-sweet stuff.  My palate knows what is good, you ignorant slut!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I think it depends on how sweet the cookie itself is.  Milk chocolate can make it too sweet together.

But I find it VERY difficult not to love anything with milk chocolate!

I think the overly dark chocolate people are like hop-heads who can only think of more hops in their damn chocolate or beer or whatever, you know what I mean.  Balance and tastiness is gonna work more than trying to outdo some bunch of wanker yahoo poser douchemonkeys who want to convince you to eat whatever is trendy because "that is the only true expression of what is pure" or some other similar bullshit.

Milk chocolate hits all the highs, and skips the brown note so you don't crap your pants or something.  When someone is trying to convince you that that turd they gently laid in your hand is a rose, you gotta tell 'em to stick it back up their sorry asses, because milk chocolate has stood the test of time.

Can I get a hallalujah?

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I think it depends on how sweet the cookie itself is.

True.  My cookie recipe that has been the winner so far is bunches less sweet than the toll houses of the world, so a sweeter chip than a semi-sweet was so much better.  That said, just eating the chips by themselves show that they aren't overly sweet, either.

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What is unsweetened like?  Is a shock to the system?  I actually like some dark chocolate if it isn't super dark.

The stuff I buy is good quality and pricey.

Even so, nobody eats much unsweetened chocolate. It's not as bad as cheap unsweetened, but it takes some getting used to.

If you put it into a sweetened choc chip cookie, it would be fine. I have a cup of tea first thing, mid morning I have green tea, when I need a little something in the afternoon, I have a handful of chips.

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:
20 hours ago, late said:

What is unsweetened like?  Is a shock to the system?

...unsweetened chocolate comes in two variations.  the stuff they sell as "baking" cocolate has been processed to remove the fats (cocoa butter), so it pretty much tastes like dirt.  The stuff that is made from unprocessed chocolate (often referenced as cacao) is a little creamier, because the fats are still in it, so you can get used to eating it.  I make cocoa (to drink) out of ground unprocessed powdered cacao beans, and use no sugar in it, only some vanilla and cinnamon.

8 minutes ago, No One said:

...unsweetened chocolate comes in two variations.  the stuff they sell as "baking" cocolate has been processed to remove the fats (cocoa butter), so it pretty much tastes like dirt.  The stuff that is made from unprocessed chocolate (often referenced as cacao) is a little creamier, because the fats are still in it, so you can get used to eating it.  I make cocoa (to drink) out of ground unprocessed powdered cacao beans, and use no sugar in it, only some vanilla and cinnamon.

Yeah, that's all I buy. I get Barrys cocoa, which, if you haven't tried it, you might like it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLTNL4Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

43 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don't know about this worship word.  I think a better word is love and respect, or cherish.  

Worship is a shitty word, feels very stone age.  Cherish is a frilly word, made for old ladies who collect precious moments dolls.

Love and respect are ok, I suppose.