I love the color of this bike

dinneR

Just now, ChrisL said:

That is a cool color.  I always liked the Klein bikes with the bad ass color schemes.  Towards the end of their run they would change color depending on the angle you looked at it.

Trek bought and killed the brand, I wish they would resurrect it.

I'm not sure if it's still true, but Trek was selling Kleins in Japan. They were some hot looking bikes.  

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Bontrager as a bike brand too.  Didn't LA pretty much kill the LeMond brand? Allegedly...

It was the battle between Lance and Greg over doping that caused Trek to tell Greg to shut up or they would kill his brand. He didn't, they killed it, Greg sued and won. The settlement was a donation to a sex abuse organization. 

• Awesome 1

The description of the color choice. Twin Six Standard Rando in Deep Purple.

Purple is a color near and dear to the state we call home. It is a blend of two primary colors, joining forces make something unique. It is spiritual and energetic and limitless in its possibilities. Purple was deemed color of the year for 2018 by Pantone. And as this year draws to a close, we thought it appropriate to offer up our Standard Rando in a very limited edition of deep purple. Get yours now and a feel just a little closer to the Purple Yoda from Minnesota. Skol Vikings!

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That is gorgeous.  

Speaking of pretty purple bikes, I have seen this up close.  It is one of the prettiest bikes I have seen in a while. The color changes in the light.  It's like two tone. 

https://www.parkcitybikedemos.com/shop/devinci-spartan-carbon/

...I can buy that color in the hobby store now (the stuff that changes in the light).

I might paint a bike in that color next year, when it's warm enough to paint outside again.  The stuff they sell goes over a black base coat, and then has some sort of refractive bits in it that change the color that your eye gets kind of like a bunch of tiny prisms.  It's very cool, in a flamboyant sort of way.:)

50 minutes ago, dennis said:

Smokin' hot.

I absolutely hated that video, there was nothing there that made me want that bike (over other bikes that is).  Just a bunch of fast cuts and fluff.  Bastards.

The only purple bikes I ever liked were some of the early Kleins, and Trek made a 7000 in 1993 or 1994 that was amazing.  Other than that, they just don't do if for me, at least in photos.  Horse of a different color in person, though.

1 hour ago, No One said:

...Wrench Force was a real loss.  I still use one of those repair stands they made.:(

I had a Wrench Force floor pump that just wouldn't die. It would still pump air when I threw it out after using it for over 20 years, but it did a lot of creaking and groaning in the process.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I absolutely hated that video, there was nothing there that made me want that bike (over other bikes that is).  Just a bunch of fast cuts and fluff.  Bastards.

The only purple bikes I ever liked were some of the early Kleins, and Trek made a 7000 in 1993 or 1994 that was amazing.  Other than that, they just don't do if for me, at least in photos.  Horse of a different color in person, though.

Somehow I don't believe we are the target audience for that bike. 

I like this one. It never quite went into production. They changed it to the Deadwood instead. The prototype was called Purple Reign.

Purple_Reign_proto-5.jpg

Purple_Reign_proto-4.jpg

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Marketing ploy.  They don't really show you the bike too much, you have to want to see it.  

...then people will google the Devinci Spartan and drool.  It really is beautiful.  

Actually, I thought the short vid was titillating.  Got me excited.  Are you alive?  Got a pulse, there RG?