monopoly for millennials

maddmaxx

Sadly, I think Milleninals want to live in the expensive parts of town - like where there are lots of jobs, restaurants, bars, nightlife, commuting options, parking options, theaters, etc.. That ain't cheap.  There is a crap ton of cheap real estate all across the US but other than tons of parking, all the other stuff doesn't exist.  Even the suburbs aren't too enticing to them until they have a couple kids.  It's a crazy time for sure.  They can afford the boondocks (us older folks appreciate the boondocks), but can't afford the city (gentrified sections).

Why do people make fun of millennials? Is it because they are different than us old farts?

I work with a bunch and I have to say they are pretty impressive. Three of my co-workers are working full time and in grad school. They volunteer. They're active. They don't sit around watching tv. They don't want kids. Their idea of a good time is an experience not buying some toy. They make good friends.

• Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, dennis said:

Why do people make fun of millennials? Is it because they are different than us old farts?

I work with a bunch and I have to say they are pretty impressive. Three of my co-workers are working full time and in grad school. They volunteer. They're active. They don't sit around watching tv. They don't want kids. Their idea of a good time is an experience not buying some toy. They make good friends. 

I don't think the OP was making fun of them as much as showing how they might be getting screwed by circumstances beyond their control???

I've worked with many Millennials (good luck working in software dev without them), and I too enjoy them as co-workers and friends. On TV or in movies or in pop culture, Millennials are AWFUL - think the Kardashians - but that's not like the ones you actually may interact with in person.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't think the OP was making fun of them as much as showing how they might be getting screwed by circumstances beyond their control???

I've worked with many Millennials (good luck working in software dev without them), and I too enjoy them as co-workers and friends. On TV or in movies or in pop culture, Millennials are AWFUL - think the Kardashians - but that's not like the ones you actually may interact with in person.

Most TV sucks. Reality TV really sucks. 

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, dennis said:

Eh...about 20 years ago it was "That Generation X is a bunch of lazy losers."  The millennials will make fun of Gen Z soon.

12 hours ago, dennis said:

I also have been pretty impressed with the millennials at work.  We have a few who have taken on a ton of responsibility.  They certainly have self-confidence!