Jump to content

Compare and Save.


jsharr
 Share

Recommended Posts

" The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S."

But that's just the average, you can easily double that with unusual medical bills, helping with college, extracurricular training, that sort of thing.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2018/02/26/raising-child-costs-233-610-you-financially-prepared-parent/357243002/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, late said:

" The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S."

But that's just the average, you can easily double that with unusual medical bills, helping with college, extracurricular training, that sort of thing.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2018/02/26/raising-child-costs-233-610-you-financially-prepared-parent/357243002/

You really need to lighten up.  Laugh a little.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, late said:

" The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S."

But that's just the average, you can easily double that with unusual medical bills, helping with college, extracurricular training, that sort of thing.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2018/02/26/raising-child-costs-233-610-you-financially-prepared-parent/357243002/

How much does living with a child save you versus a 24/7/365 nurse or nursing home?

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

How much does living with a child save you versus a 24/7/365 nurse or nursing home?

Good point.

Doesn't happen much these days, but I'd bet the growing income inequality will force that result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Which one of these two do you have a bigger man crush on?

 

 

I'd love to talk to Obama. I'm a bit of a policy wonk, but I could use some help understanding politics. Most of the people I'd like to talk to are dead, and the top of that list would be Carrie Fisher.

There's a couple historians I'd like to have a drink with, to ask them about things they know about, but haven't been able to nail down enough to be able to write about.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, late said:

I'd love to talk to Obama. I'm a bit of a policy wonk, but I could use some help understanding politics. Most of the people I'd like to talk to are dead, and the top of that list would be Carrie Fisher.

There's a couple historians I'd like to have a drink with, to ask them about things they know about, but haven't been able to nail down enough to be able to write about.

 

Do you need glasses?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do you need glasses?  

I've had strong glasses since I was 5. One of my earliest memories is seeing things clearly for the first time, the way leaves looked. The first movie I saw, after I got glasses, was Davey Crockett. I've forgotten most of it, but those things I can remember clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, late said:

I've had strong glasses since I was 5. One of my earliest memories is seeing things clearly for the first time, the way leaves looked. The first movie I saw, after I got glasses, was Davey Crockett. I've forgotten most of it, but those things I can remember clearly.

You might want to have them checked if you thought Joe Friday and Alex Trebek were Obama and Carrie Fisher.  Just sayin.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You might want to have them checked if you thought Joe Friday and Alex Trebek were Obama and Carrie Fisher.  Just sayin.

Don't get me started, I've seen my optometrist recently, and I am looking at surgery.

While you were being childish, I gave you a thoughtful response...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, late said:

Don't get me started, I've seen my optometrist recently, and I am looking at surgery.

While you were being childish, I gave you a thoughtful response...

No, you gave the answer you wanted to give, not the one I asked for, childish though it may be.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I'm old and confused.  How does one use a Huggies during intercourse to prevent pregnancy?   :dontknow:

Would you screw someone wearing a diaper?  Okay, for you and RG this is not a fair question, but for most it would be a deterrent.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 2Far said:

A guy & his 8 children get on a plane.

"Are all these your children", a passenger asks (rather rudely, I might judge)

"No, I work for a condom manufacturer and these are all customer complaints", says the wise-ass dad.

Father, tell me again how we Navajo name our children?

Son, we name our children based on things in our life at the time of their birth.  Your sister, Falling Water was born during the Spring Rains.  Your brother, Running Buck, was born when I was out on a long hunt.  Do you understand now, Broken Rubber?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Father, tell me again how we Navajo name our children?

Son, we name our children based on things in our life at the time of their birth.  Your sister, Falling Water was born during the Spring Rains.  Your brother, Running Buck, was born when I was out on a long hunt.  Do you understand now, Broken Rubber?

One version of the joke has the young man's name as "Two Dogs F*cking".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

One version of the joke has the young man's name as "Two Dogs F*cking".

Yeah, but that does not work with this thread.  When I worked at the boat dealership, one of the make ready / new boat riggers was nicknamed Two Dogs!  I think his real name was Steve, but nobody called him anything other than Two Dogs

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...