Reasons to not like winter

Longjohn

Feel free to add to the list. Winter is stupid.

I like colors, bright colors, blue sky green grass and trees, red, yellow, orange, purple flowers. This is what we have today.

F3ECFE21-7401-40BF-924C-57B48A6938D9.thumb.jpeg.6af45458bc6c6a8ffcfa5792a49afb53.jpeg

Do you see any color there? I might as well just use black and white film, it’s cheaper. Oh wait, I don’t use film anymore. Anyhow cold weather sux. I told Petite to keep it out there but she doesn’t listen.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I like colors, bright colors, blue sky green grass and trees, red, yellow, orange, purple flowers. This is what we have today.

F3ECFE21-7401-40BF-924C-57B48A6938D9.thumb.jpeg.6af45458bc6c6a8ffcfa5792a49afb53.jpeg

Do you see any color there? I might as well just use black and white film, it’s cheaper. Oh wait, I don’t use film anymore. Anyhow cold weather sux. I told Petite to keep it out there but she doesn’t listen.

You do realize it is now fall, not winter. And this photo taken in Jan(actual winter) is hideous. 

18HzfE36HCI6SyIYXyytrm1JjD5WXGOZ_Vimlygo46si34kxcm7voQHcLQgz3HCNJ5Ahhbjad0-VwyQdMGW0U0YqsmSrSjzliW73-qUcvXMXEAI0AEf9oPUxtnlV6xWr-MJo_f5AC7r7OcLCpDZ3BI5iXo7uFZqYRqh9DIzzjHhdMTqOIAcxjy_i56PTo5LOzP7Cpy6ba2Qn66_b3hG3EXS5G1VzkRtI4704hnKxkxsRF8q865fVuRAQ4DkZSRLRCcsq8tUgs8g6ZntLUVIhfFGIZfR9ZHbGHOsxVQmduCUMLkjqCrDlP5VD5hHiq6_t6cqia2FfBmsdH_80vErgw5j2K2DBeOrwwzxlAE4XdSdAMat7HqbY8prG9OF28CgJ3wdN3SpgF7Vlf7nZ2yyzpdL4mL2IFqldfnO7_7CV_lXvripgoSHU4njq83J9hANutTs-9_AEiXYQfL4K7uR4u1t0Fpj3k7ciSckQ0rJJanD7yb0ItJ4Cn2z4woRK2L5mHzQp9IF_C5-LkzUxhiuuRM2_rnNbwHeML_1bk5EZoPnxGmroWcBYK8EX5tmi90sfsCf9KIbqtK6wiiEcag2ATdj4Yeg30sS7SGY63K-qmdSC_sxfuk1e1qwx15kS7g5hWCmCOhMS-pupfdjTan60jgVx=w1339-h287-no

• Haha 1

Just now, dennis said:

You do realize it is now fall, not winter.

We could call it "Ski & Fat Bike Season" instead of Winter, and it would sky rocket in popularity.

I do find it funny that the season when folks are most likely to slip and fall is not the one called "Fall".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

You do realize it is now fall, not winter. And this photo taken in Jan(actual winter) is hideous. 

18HzfE36HCI6SyIYXyytrm1JjD5WXGOZ_Vimlygo46si34kxcm7voQHcLQgz3HCNJ5Ahhbjad0-VwyQdMGW0U0YqsmSrSjzliW73-qUcvXMXEAI0AEf9oPUxtnlV6xWr-MJo_f5AC7r7OcLCpDZ3BI5iXo7uFZqYRqh9DIzzjHhdMTqOIAcxjy_i56PTo5LOzP7Cpy6ba2Qn66_b3hG3EXS5G1VzkRtI4704hnKxkxsRF8q865fVuRAQ4DkZSRLRCcsq8tUgs8g6ZntLUVIhfFGIZfR9ZHbGHOsxVQmduCUMLkjqCrDlP5VD5hHiq6_t6cqia2FfBmsdH_80vErgw5j2K2DBeOrwwzxlAE4XdSdAMat7HqbY8prG9OF28CgJ3wdN3SpgF7Vlf7nZ2yyzpdL4mL2IFqldfnO7_7CV_lXvripgoSHU4njq83J9hANutTs-9_AEiXYQfL4K7uR4u1t0Fpj3k7ciSckQ0rJJanD7yb0ItJ4Cn2z4woRK2L5mHzQp9IF_C5-LkzUxhiuuRM2_rnNbwHeML_1bk5EZoPnxGmroWcBYK8EX5tmi90sfsCf9KIbqtK6wiiEcag2ATdj4Yeg30sS7SGY63K-qmdSC_sxfuk1e1qwx15kS7g5hWCmCOhMS-pupfdjTan60jgVx=w1339-h287-no

Whoever set the dates on the calendar was stupid. The seasons all start and end before the dates they chose. The person who did that was a bit slow, probably rode the short bus to school and licked the back window.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Looks like an Oakridge sky.  I better invest in happy lights to sit by during the dark months.

• Awesome 1

Winter lets people get close.  Just look at all these people united in a common cause at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NY after just a few inches of snow.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/181115-port-authority-closes-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

32 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Dogs are so in the moment that they don't know they are miserable about the weather.  Most dogs, that is, yours all look to be grinning.

those aren't mine.  They belong to a friend. Yesterday was the first day she drove them on the sled this winter.  She is getting them ready for the Yukon Quest.  I got to drive them at the end of September.  Mine grin too.  2 weeks ago. 34 degrees. 

767754941_FCDBJ32.jpg.e3fa0c8c8d396c646db1a0f96cb45d7b.jpg 

I was telling him "on by" but he still was very interested in what the photographer was doing laying on a tarp in the mud.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

55 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Winter lets people get close.  Just look at all these people united in a common cause at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NY after just a few inches of snow.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/181115-port-authority-closes-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

And think about all those August babies.

6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It is cool to find your dog soulmate.  Bostons are perfect for us because they love to sleep and greet people.  It makes me happy to see the joy Ruby spreads when she is happy to see absolutely everyone. :D

That is so true. Laid back people with active, dominant dogs is never going to work out. And taking a Pug out running is nothing but cruel.

If people want a dog they should consider the the dogs habits, and their lifestyle, and if there is any overlap.

I always had active dogs, I was young and active, if I got lazy the dog would give me that little kick in the butt to get up & get going.

Maybe now I need a semi-active dog.

• Awesome 2

It was just on the news that the speed limits have been restored on Mercer county interstates. Good luck with that.

PennDOT has restored speed limit on two interstates in Northwest Pennsylvania.

Because of Thursday's severe weather, speeds were reduced to 45 mph on Interstate 80 and Interstate 376 in Mercer and Venango counties.

Normal speed limits are now in place.

26 minutes ago, roadsue said:

It’s brown here. Beautiful skies, brown earth. 

I never really liked brown but when i was single I had a lot of brown clothes. When you are not good with colors brown and gray are the safe colors. My wife changed all that. I don’t know if I got better over the years or she doesn’t care what I wear anymore but she never says: “Are you really going to wear that shirt with those pants?”

4 hours ago, roadsue said:

It’s brown here. Beautiful skies, brown earth. 

Yeah, I will take brown earth over white earth and freezing temperatures.

It is funny when I hear people in souther CA talk about going to Palm Springs because it is beautiful, it really isn't at all.  It is disgusting monochromatic brown the plant life and brown earth match and it looks like dry poo.  The only thing good about it is that it isn't LA.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

It was just on the news that the speed limits have been restored on Mercer county interstates. Good luck with that.

PennDOT has restored speed limit on two interstates in Northwest Pennsylvania.

Because of Thursday's severe weather, speeds were reduced to 45 mph on Interstate 80 and Interstate 376 in Mercer and Venango counties.

Normal speed limits are now in place.

They now have I-79 closed in both directions. High power lines down on the road.

I don't like winter either. I tell people that if reincarnation is a real thing, I probably lived on the Equator in my past life.

If I didn't have extensive family in the Mid Atlantic States, I'd probably move to Florida, Southern California, or maybe even a Caribbean Island or along the Mediterranean (I speak French well enough to get by in France).

I don't like winter because:

1) I don't get any snow
2) mow the yard year round (just did today)
3) Go to the beach in January and all the improper clothing - women are wearing bikinis.
4) No excuses NOT to ride a bike. You can't blame the weather when you don't feel like it.

and the list goes on!

• Haha 1