I've been living in the smoke plume from Butte county for about a week now...

Page Turner

...and is smells and tastes like ass. :angry:  The AQI varies from "dangerous" to "unhealthy" daily now.:frantics: I'm happy we still have a house, but would like to be able to go outside and breathe some unsmogged air.  No rain in the forecast, and there are people all over the city walking around with stupid 3M masks on, like that does any good.

On the positive side, I've laced up four sets of wheels and have watched almost the entire first season of House of Cards, on Netflix.

36 minutes ago, No One said:

...and is smells and tastes like ass. :angry:  The AQI varies from "dangerous" to "unhealthy" daily now.:frantics: I'm happy we still have a house, but would like to be able to go outside and breathe some unsmogged air.  No rain in the forecast, and there are people all over the city walking around with stupid 3M masks on, like that does any good.

On the positive side, I've laced up four sets of wheels and have watched almost the entire first season of House of Cards, on Netflix.

Spoiler alert on house of cards if you want it, let me know.

Oh, the non-surprising obvious observation is that Robin Wright is a miserable thing to look at because she lacks the capacity to smile.  She might be made of wood, or be a robot, something.

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Spoiler alert on house of cards if you want it, let me know.

Oh, the non-surprising obvious observation is that Robin Wright is a miserable thing to look at because she lacks the capacity to smile.  She might be made of wood, or be a robot, something.

You would bang a robot.  I do not think it would even have to be a sex robot.

45 minutes ago, Howie Mandel said:

49 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What makes you think it doesn't? 

giphy.gif...Luke, I am your father.

• Heart 1

I'm sorry where is Butte county?

This whole past summer, was problem of forest/wildfire smoke tainted air in mountain regions of British Columbia and into central/southern Alberta.  Vancouver BC was affected.  There were 130 wildfires burning across whole province of British Columbia for several months.

This is the 2nd summer it has happened.....just cancelling trips to even some of the national parks on certain weekends because the smoke was thick enough you could not even see mountain ranges which loom along the Trans Canada highway between Calgary and Banff.  We had to close windows and balcony doors at home so smoke would not filter in.

I know someone at work who is wondering if they should sell their vacation home in Kelowna, which in British Columbia's wine region and where also there were fires burning nearby this summer.  

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm sorry where is Butte county?

...the obvious answer is, "If it were up your butt, you'd know." :)

But it's north of Sacramento, and contains both foothill forest areas and large swaths of agricultural land.  We go up there all the time to visit the extensive chain of bird sanctuaries in the valley sections, which are a major stopping and wintering point on the Pacific flyway.  Some epic days birding there.

Paradise is on a ridge line, in the higher elevations of Butte.  Pretty much only one road in and one road out, Skyway, which is why so many cars got burned up trying to drive out and why there are still so many missing and the death toll continues climbing.

Chico, CA is the biggest town in Butte, with Cal State Chico located there.  They managed to keep the fire out of Chico, which would have been a disaster of epic scale, but they managed only just barely to do so.

Nov-2018-Matt-Bussmann-Butte-County-map-

Dear Hornet Fans,

This year's Causeway Classic football game between UC Davis and Sacramento State has been relocated to Mackay Stadium, on campus at the University of Nevada, Reno. This change is due to the poor air quality conditions in the Sacramento region related to the Camp Fire. The relocation decision was made to prioritize the health and safety of student-athletes from both schools; the decision to switch venues was made in consultation with officials from Sacramento State and the Big Sky Conference.

The Hornet Club is providing a bus for fans who wish to attend the game in Reno. Limited spots are available so please RSVP to Julie Shutler at julie.shutler@csus.edu ASAP. The bus will depart from the Athletic Center at 8:00 AM and will return following the game.  Kick-off is at 12:00 PM. 

There is no charge for admission. A suggested donation of $5 will be accepted at the stadium gates and all donations will be given to the American Red Cross in support of Camp Fire recovery efforts.