I Used To Tune Into Hee Haw

Razors Edge

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Did any of you know WTF was going on in that show? Seriously, just mayhem.  Like, they tried to be awful on purpose.  Was I just to young at the time to understand it?

And, somehow the Lawrence Welk Show was a similar mind blower.

My parents watched it when I was little - I remember liking the jokes and funny stuff but was never too keen on the music.  Then in high school my friend and I would sing the "where are you tonight" song. :D

Maybe ten years ago there was a network called RFD TV that showed Hee Haw reruns on Sunday nights, and I ended up making time for it every week.  This time a lot of the music just blew me away (and, well, most of the jokes were stupid).

To Roy Clark:  "Sa-lute!" :(

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and then wonder WTF am I watching?????  What's amazing is that Roy was only 85 when he passed away.  I would have guessed well into his 90s.

image.png.7005df64d191bea43dae9ac72329082a.png

Absolutely amazing the way he could play pretty much anything with strings. I've always loved Roy.

We grew up watching Hee Haw. Good clean fun.

• Awesome 1

On 11/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, TrentonMakes said:

My parents watched it when I was little - I remember liking the jokes and funny stuff but was never too keen on the music.  Then in high school my friend and I would sing the "where are you tonight" song. :D

Maybe ten years ago there was a network called RFD TV that showed Hee Haw reruns on Sunday nights, and I ended up making time for it every week.  This time a lot of the music just blew me away (and, well, most of the jokes were stupid).

To Roy Clark:  "Sa-lute!" :(

This. My parents watched it, too. It was supposed to be a parody of "Laugh-In" from a redneck perspective. The farm girls kept this young man's attention!

A few years back, I was at a client's business doing some work. He had taken over when his parents retired. His mom was in the store visiting that day. She had been giving me a hard time all day, in a joking manner. When I was done, she asked for my cell phone number in case she needed to call me back in. I told her "BR-549". She about collapsed on the floor laughing! To this day, if she sees me in the store, I'm "Mr BR-549"!