Whose mail box is this?

jsharr

9 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I think mail ladies follow the rules.  Mailmen always hand me my mail when I am out in the yard.  But I had a mail lady once and she insisted on putting the mail in my box rather than just handing it to me.  :facepalm:  

Well duh. In the box is always better than in the hand?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Thank god for HOAs!

I think HOAs are terrible.  Pay exorbitant fees to have an appointed board of people to tell you what and what you cannot do with your own property?  I understand blight rules for cities, but this doesn't look bad.  It's funny.

The HOA places I have seen seem so vanilla.  Our new property has CCR regs and that was almost too much for us, but the regs were lenient.  Mostly about not building mobile homes, camping on your property, or homes that look like a shoe.  Although, I don't think I would mind living next to a shoe house.  I already broke the rules when we fled to our property after having camp burgled.  The neighbors were cool as hell about it.  We stayed for only two days on the property with the camper.  It was no big deal.  I hear that once you pull a building permit, you camp on site during build and it is a non-issue. 

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I think HOAs are terrible.  Pay exorbitant fees to have an appointed board of people to tell you what and what you cannot do with your own property?  I understand blight rules for cities, but this doesn't look bad.  It's funny. 

The HOA places I have seen seem so vanilla.  Our new property has CCR regs and that was almost too much for us, but the regs were lenient.  Mostly about not building mobile homes, camping on your property, or homes that look like a shoe.  Although, I don't think I would mind living next to a shoe house.  Although, I already broke the rules when we fled to our property after having camp burgled.  The neighbors were cool as hell about it.  We stayed for only two days on the property with the camper.  It was no big deal.  I hear that once you pull a building permit, you camp on site during build and it is a non-issue. 

Yeah - you get what you pay (elect) for.  Our HOA is fantastic (as HOAs go).  Pretty much hands off, but responsive to complaints & requests. As we are a smaller piece of an even larger community, we use our board to also interact with them & the county - in defense and as a spokesman.  It works well. 

The snow gets plowed, the streets get patched & paved, the trees get pruned, the trash & recycling gets removed, the grass and gardens maintained, the pool is kept clean & safe, the gym gets updated, and there are incremental community upgrades debated and made.

Currently, I am trying to get a fenced off dog run created down by the pond.  We have a large open grass area that folks will let their dogs run off leash but with no fencing keeping them from running uncontrolled in surrounding paths.  With a nice 4' fence around part of that area, the dogs would prosper, the owners would prosper, and I could likewise walk my older pup nearby without some overeager puppy running up to her and "attacking" (my dog expects a polite approach, not puppy behavior).  My HOA has ample reserves and the community improvement fund, and this would be a great use of money.  Likewise, I think a "tot lot" has been debated and I would like to see a hot tub integrated into the existing pool.