This actually surprised me

Kirby

I know we discussed the case of the couple who helped the homeless man who purchased gas for a woman whose car ran out of gas, and then they started a gofundme for him.  The prior development was the homeless man sued the couple claiming they stole the money. 

Now it comes out that the three of them were allegedly in on the plan from the start and that she never ran out of gas.  Starting a lawsuit and potential criminal investigation may not be the smartest thing to do when you are in on the scam, but there is no honor (or smart thinking) among alleged thieves. 

It never occurred to me that they were all in on the plan from the start, but I guess this is one reason I only donate to gofundme campaigns if I actually know the people involved.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I know we discussed the case of the couple who helped the homeless man who purchased gas for a woman whose car ran out of gas, and then they started a gofundme for him.  The prior development was the homeless man sued the couple claiming they stole the money. 

Now it comes out that the three of them were allegedly in on the plan from the start and that she never ran out of gas.  Starting a lawsuit and potential criminal investigation may not be the smartest thing to do when you are in on the scam, but there is no honor (or smart thinking) among alleged thieves. 

It never occurred to me that they were all in on the plan from the start, but I guess this is one reason I only donate to gofundme campaigns if I actually know the people involved.

It was a good story, though, I have to say.  

People in the city are leery of homeless people asking for money because many are con artists.  Really, they can make a good living at it.  

When I lived with the quarrelsome ex, we donated to two homeless charities for Christmas the last couple of years we were together, and they do good work with the actual homeless people in need (NOT to those assfucker bellringers that noise pollute ceaselessly and claim to help people).  I have historically not given money directly to homeless folks, although I would often give half a sandwich, bottled water, or a piece of fruit to people I saw often and knew for sure were homeless this year, there were a ton where I worked until recently.  It is a tough spot to be in when it is butt-ass cold outside and it must be pretty miserable, I really feel for them.

• Heart 1