It’s Friday, peeps

Kzoo

Hope you have a good one.  Off to the office soon.  Lots to get done today before the short week.  Firearm deer season started here yesterday so it’s a bit tougher to get hold of some of the customers we’re trying to move things for.  I noticed that good parking spots at the office were easier to find yesterday.

Good day!

• Awesome 2

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hope you have a good one.  Off to the office soon.  Lots to get done today before the short week.  Firearm deer season started here yesterday so it’s a bit tougher to get hold of some of the customers we’re trying to move things for.  I noticed that good parking spots at the office were easier to find yesterday.

Good day!

As you probably remember our rifle season always starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The forge shop gave us the first two days of buck season as paid holidays. Before they did that they never had enough guys show up the first day to run the shop anyway.

I remember that Monday was a state holiday.  School was closed.  Every place I worked, it was a paid day off.  It was a great 5 days off.  I had a friend who's dad had a hunting cabin in Warren County (Allegheny Forest).  My friend (we) had the cabin Thursday Friday Saturday and his dad and uncles came up on Sunday for the start of deer season.  Our 3 days was spend trying not to get lost in the forest, eating good food and playing cards, oh and drinking some beer.  We called it turkey hunting - no turkeys were ever killed.

• Haha 1

Setting up the new printer/scanner thingamabob that I picked up yesterday. The old one went kablooey.

Also playing with my new (to me) iphone 6. First time in my life I've actually possessed a smart phone, and I feel like I've stepped on a steep and slippery learning curve.

My sister in law, who always updates to the latest and greatest technology, gave it to me. 

• Heart 1

I had a stupid day. First, too much time watching a chess game, then a minor diabetic hypotonic episode.

I decided to watch the opening moves of the Carlsen-Caruana World Chess Champion Match's Game 6 after breakfast.  But the American Fabi Caruana got an edge in the game and for tens of thousands of dedicated American chess players, it was hard to turn it off:: but 7 1/2 hours later it ended as the 6th draw in 6 games.

By that time rush hour was almost over and I went to two stores to do my Friday food shopping.  I picked up Aldi's frozen about 32 oz. Shepherd's Pie and intended it for dinner.  But while I was shopping I began to feel a little hypotonic.  I drove home and, since Caff. Free Diet Pepsi was on sale (four 12-packs for $11), I had to make a few trips from the car to the house.  I felt a little light headed.  I put the frozen dinner in the microwave, 14 minutes to cook, and decided to put the rest of the groceries away.  But I didn't feel real steady so I sat down, leaving the groceries in the insulated shopping bag I have where I can keep frozen foods for a couple hours.

Now I've eaten half of it and some sugar-free "Snack Pack" chocolate pudding.

All is right with the world.

• Heart 1