Had to up the dosage

goldendesign

The Tylenol no longer was working. I'm taking an opiod now. I tried to go without but they ended up increasing radiation dosage and narrowing the field this week. Even with the smallest dosage of oxy, 5mg, it takes it down to a 4 on the pain scale. 

Only 7 more treatment days left. The doctor doesn't mince words, beginning of the week he told me this was going to be a slog until a few weeks after. I think he earns a "no shit" from me when I see him again.

• Sad 4

I remember reading the story of another bicyclist (BluesDawg) in another forum who went through radiation treatments for a tumor in his neck.  It struck me that determination and grit and friends helped him get through the process.  We are always here to talk to.

35 minutes ago, late said:

They have RX pot. I'd suggest growing your own, rather than buying.

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/how-to-get-a-medical-marijuana-card-in-florida

I wouldn't mind but the process takes 6-8 weeks. I'm almost done to begin with. Shit is rough and all but I didn't bother with any medications until now. I looked into medical marijuana and when the cancer comes back I'll go straight to a med-bud card.

2 minutes ago, No One said:

My own results were far from miraculous, but in my case, I'm convinced it helped me.

I've used mindful meditation for years. It is one of the main reasons I attribute to my sobriety in drugs and alcohol. 

Its also what I believe allowed me to go almost the full treatment on just Tylenol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goldendesign said:

I wouldn't mind but the process takes 6-8 weeks. I'm almost done to begin with. Shit is rough and all but I didn't bother with any medications until now. I looked into medical marijuana and when the cancer comes back I'll go straight to a med-bud card.

There's going to be a fairly tough period after treatment stops.

Been there, done that, I grow my own.

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

WoScrapr uses a Vape pen w/CBD. Helps her a lot

I do coconut oil extracts of mostly medical pot, which I put into capsules. As someone who can remember the 60s, I'll never get completely over getting stoned from a pill. It's like, where's the joint, man?