So this year or so old cheapass ground coffee tastes marvelous!

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Take that KT and coffee snobs everywhere!  Somehow it has mellowed and tastes great!  It is from the *&^$# dollar store for heaven's sake and has been sitting opened at work for a year or so, and I finally brought it and the French Press home since now work supplies coffee again.

The aging process probably help cheapass coffee.

I have a can of Aldis cheapass Columbian unopened that is next up for my Bunn coffee maker. I only tried Aldis coffee one other time and it was swill, but maybe their Colombian is better. I’m always open to saving money since I am living on a “fixed income”. Now get off my lawn.

• Awesome 1
  • Envious 1

I love it when cheap-ass stuff tastes good!  Trader Joe's green tea was fine, btw.  I wouldn't call it great, but the price was right when I got it a couple of years ago.  I drank it, it was fine, way better than ass-flavored Stash and the like.  Commodity tea and all, but better than all of the mass-produced brands.  I haven't tried the English Breakfast or black tea, but I am sure it is also fine.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Stash tea is a popular tea that comes in individual foil packets. Sometimes if you order hot tea in a restaurant they will bring you hot water and a basket of different flavors of Stash. I stocked Stash at my cafe for the tea drinkers.

Your cafe! :facepalm:. I forgot aboot that!   

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Stash tea is a popular tea that comes in individual foil packets. Sometimes if you order hot tea in a restaurant they will bring you hot water and a basket of different flavors of Stash. I stocked Stash at my cafe for the tea drinkers.

It tasted like ass, still does.  Blech.

I forget the cafe, what was the story?

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It tasted like ass, still does.  Blech.

I forget the cafe, what was the story?

For ten years or so I ran a cafe on Sunday mornings at the church. Saturday night I was baking coffee cakes, muffins, and biscotti for the cafe. I brewed fresh roasted coffee from a local roaster. I had a crapacino machine like they have at the convenience store that uses the powdered mix. I kept a basket full of tea packets and hot cocoa mix. I also had a variety of yogurt and bottled 100% juice of different flavors.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

For ten years or so I ran a cafe on Sunday mornings at the church. Saturday night I was baking coffee cakes, muffins, and biscotti for the cafe. I brewed fresh roasted coffee from a local roaster. I had a crapacino machine like they have at the convenience store that uses the powdered mix. I kept a basket full of tea packets and hot cocoa mix. I also had a variety of yogurt and bottled 100% juice of different flavors.

Ah, that sounds like a fun way to contribute!  Did you sell and donate the proceeds, or just donate it all?

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I'm not going to judge.  Drink what you like.

We settle in the middle of the high end coffee and regular ground.   The prices of the high end is out of our budget.

?We drink Folgers instant, except when we frequent the local coffee shop or when traveling.?We normally buy in bulk when Walgreens has a sale.