Modern vs Ancient :(

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Maybe we should tattoo those people with a number, so they are easily identified.  ?

I am a coupon folk.  I often have them ready, because I put the coupons in my cart with the item as I shop.  Monetarily, we get squeezed everywhere.  I will use my coupons to help the situation, if I can.

As the cashier rings me up, I watch.  I know the prices at which I bought the item.  There has been moments when, they didn't ring it up for the sale price.  I tell them, and it becomes this big deal when they need a manager to come over and clear it out.  It's the store's fault to have an ad and not honor it.  No problem.  I can wait while they figure out how to take off the dollar to the rolling total.   

YOU ARE ONE OF THEM :runcirclsmiley:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Yesterday when I was in line I tried to let the guy behind me with a single loaf of french bread go ahead.  He passed and quietly waited his turn.  Mellow.

I shopped yesterday.  A man with a cart half full and me with 5 items both arrived at the lane at the same time.  He said to go ahead, and I said … "It's OK.  If you need to go now I can wait."  He insisted, so I went.  

I think lower population zones may be prone to more civility and friendliness.  People are chatty and warm here.  People who move here from larger cities find us strangely friendly, and it makes some uncomfortable.  ☺️

Welcome to Mayberry.  Where people in line at the grocery share a recipe. ?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I went in a store the other day looking for one item. I took a hand basket. The store didn’t have that item. I picked up a few other things while I was there. The store had four checkouts open all with lines. I got in line. When I got up to the register the cashier said her register is closed, please use one of the other three registers. I got in line again. When I got up to the register that cashier said her register was closed too. I set my basket on the floor and walked out.

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

I'd rather they put a bowl of whole, raw green beans on the table than that green bean casserole.

Thanksgiving features a whole table full of rich fatty foods; I'm not sure who came up with the idea of pairing it with a rich fatty vegetable dish.  And canned green beans are a crime against humanity.  Just awful.

and if I use the self checkout I'll pay with cash if I damn well please.  If you don't want to wait behind me you shoulda got to the store earlier.

Fatty foods taste good.  There, I said it.  Mashed potatoes, candied yams, nearly every vegetable is made in a fatty way at gatherings so people will eat it.

What is green bean casserole, btw?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I don't do self check-outs, and don't go to places that try to get you to do their jobs for no salary, and won't pay you to do it.  How about hiring enough people to manage the customer's transactions instead?  Nobody prefers the self check-outs, near as I can tell.

I bet LongJohn would have jumped at the chance to use an "always open" self-checkout line.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Razors Edge said:

I'm waiting for the Amazon instant check-out to take hold.  No human employees anywhere!  Add this to the self-driving vehicles - planes, trains, ships, TRUCKS, and car, and chaos is coming. SOON.

I am certain you have home grocery delivery available where you live. Else, it's time to move to a more affluent community.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I am certain you have home grocery delivery available where you live. Else, it's time to move to a more affluent community.

Do robots load those boxes???? I don't think so!  That's how the grocery stores pass off the near-expiring items to suckers!

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:
5 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I was thinking about getting home delivery of some canned goods. For the fallout shelter, of course.

Seems reasonable.

Don needs to keep in mind, though, that he will still need to cycle through his doomsday stash.  Even the canned stuff goes bad, so he might want to stagger his buying so he doesn't get stuck eating canned tuna everyday for three months.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Don needs to keep in mind, though, that he will still need to cycle through his doomsday stash.  Even the canned stuff goes bad, so he might want to stagger his buying so he doesn't get stuck eating canned tuna everyday for three months.

You don't suppose he's already eating canned tuna daily?

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Is it the canned green beans, the canned fried onions or the soup mix powder that you fear will spoil between deliver time and Thursday?

You CLEARLY have no idea how proper green bean casserole is crafted!

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I knew an old guy who recycled cans in his garage to things like funnels, watering cans, etc. When he died, he donated $900,000 to the local nursing home.

20 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What? You mix it with water to make soup. It's a soup mix.

Now, if you were showing off Progresso soup where it's just heat and serve, then you'd be right, but you'd have to change your name to "Thom Mr. Fancy Pants".

No water added to green bean casserole!  Maybe that's a little snooty, but that's the way it is!

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I shopped yesterday.  A man with a cart half full and me with 5 items both arrived at the lane at the same time.  He said to go ahead, and I said … "It's OK.  If you need to go now I can wait."  He insisted, so I went.  

I think lower population zones may be prone to more civility and friendliness.  People are chatty and warm here.  People who move here from larger cities find us strangely friendly, and it makes some uncomfortable.  ☺️

Welcome to Mayberry.  Where people in line at the grocery share a recipe. ?

Excellent.