What do you think of this song?

TrentonMakes

Just did some googling and learned it was originally Hey Jules and McCartney wrote it to Julian Lennon to comfort him during his parents divorce.  I knew it was meant as song of hope / comfort / inspiration, but did not know how personal this was for Paul to express his concern for John Lennon's ex wife and his son.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Just did some googling and learned it was originally Hey Jules and McCartney wrote it to Julian Lennon to comfort him during his parents divorce.  I knew it was meant as song of hope / comfort / inspiration, but did not know how personal this was for Paul to express his concern for John Lennon's ex wife and his son.

Yes, but what I don't remember reading about is whether John resented Paul's intrusion into his family matters.  Seems like John would have to be a pretty big man not to have been bothered by this.

"Hey Jules - sorry your dad left you.  --oh, John, er, I didn't realize you were here."

It's really fascinating to me how this band managed to come out with such a beautiful, uplifting song, during a time when the four of them could barely stand the sight of each other.

I would really like to be alive 200 years from now, to see if people are still listening to Beatles music the way people are still listening to Beethoven today.  I can't imagine Beethoven conceived that people in 2018 would still be marveling at his work.

• Haha 1