why does every YouTube How to video do this?

12string

20 stupid minutes telling you what this item is describing the problem, telling you why it's a pain showing you all the pain in the neck stuff.....  I already know all of that, that's why I'm here, just start with, "This is how you do it"

I hate those DIY videos, I'd rather read the steps any day.

• Heart 2

Be careful if you buy “how to” books. When I interviewed for a maintenance supervisor job there were a lot of things I didn’t know how to do. I talked about the things I did know how to do and said I would learn the rest. They hired me and I proceeded to buy how to books. Some were so technical they were difficult to understand. I could live with that. The ones I hated were how to books written by someone that didn’t know how to. They figured out a cockamamie way to do it and thought they were an expert.

When I read a couple of the things I already knew how to do I about choked reading how they did it. Those books got thrown away. I figured most people that write how to books are idiots.

57 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

most people that write how to books know how to write books.

I took a high voltage safety class once, the instructor was a young guy with a nice smile and a great personality. He was very up front with us, told us that he was a professional teacher, he didn't know dick about electricity but he knew how to teach.

I didn't learn much 

• Haha 2

On 11/19/2018 at 3:20 PM, 12string said:

20 stupid minutes telling you what this item is describing the problem, telling you why it's a pain showing you all the pain in the neck stuff.....  I already know all of that, that's why I'm here, just start with, "This is how you do it"

I hate those DIY videos, I'd rather read the steps any day.

And yet you keep going back!