So far it is a 2 ambulance day

petitepedal

I had one of those yesterday.  Wade and I took the turkey over to my brother so he can get it brined and injected and ready to smoke and on the way home we were sitting at a red light at the intersection of West boudnd Windhaven and Dallas North Tollway.

An Explorer heading north on the service road and a car heading East on Windhaven collided at high speed.  One of them ran a red light, but I am not sure who.  The Explorer spun the smaller car 180 degrees and then bounced off of it, across the median and hit the car next to me at the light.

Both drivers were transported by ambulance and I stayed as a witness for the other car at the red light as the driver did not speak great English and her father spoke non at all from what I could tell.   She did not know what happened.  I had to explain to her what I saw and told her I would stay unitl the police arrived to let them know she was just stopped at the red light and had nothing to do with the accident other than getting hit by the car that probably caused the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Both drivers were transported by ambulance and I stayed as a witness for the other car at the red light as the driver did not speak great English and her father spoke non at all from what I could tell.   She did not know what happened.  I had to explain to her what I saw and told her I would stay unitl the police arrived to let them know she was just stopped at the red light and had nothing to do with the accident other than getting hit by the car that probably caused the whole thing.

Man, hope she or dad don't get deported over this.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Man, hope she or dad don't get deported over this.

She had a drivers license and the police just got her information and asked her to wait in her car.  It was in the 30s and I was in jeans and Boy Scout Fleece from a training course called Wood Badge.  One of the officers had taken Wood Badge, but it was not the time or place to discuss Scouting.   

Just now, Razors Edge said:

And yet you did. ?

No, he did.  One of the paramedics called him over to let him know I was a witness.  He saw Wood Badge 108 on my fleece and told me he took Wood Badge 109.  Then he went to check on the driver of the car that got hit so hard.  I never spoke to him again.

Sorry to derail your thread Petite, but I have a fascinating antidote I must share.  One time in Clearwater FL I walked past two cops arresting a bum.  In the middle of the arrest one of the cops sees my Buffalo Bills sweatshirt and starts talking to me about God's Country. He was missing Buffalo very much, you see.

• Heart 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Sorry to derail your thread Petite, but I have a fascinating antidote I must share.  One time in Clearwater FL I walked past two cops arresting a bum.  In the middle of the arrest one of the cops sees my Buffalo Bills sweatshirt and starts talking to me about God's Country. He was missing Buffalo very much, you see.

Shirley you can't  be serious.