Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Razors Edge

I Exceeded My Limit!

Recommended Posts

Just now, jsharr said:

Can you give us an example so we can tell when you are being an azzclown?

Generally, whenever I post.  Just responding to this question has put me at a deficit for the start of tomorrow.  For anyone else, I would have waited until tomorrow morning, but I didn't want to keep you up all night waiting for my reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Generally, whenever I post.  Just responding to this question has put me at a deficit for the start of tomorrow.  For anyone else, I would have waited until tomorrow morning, but I didn't want to keep you up all night waiting for my reply. 

Golly.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

On azzclownery today!  I think it is mostly due to my sugar high, or anticipation of the long weekend.  In either case, mischief managed!

I blame the green bean casserole. The long term effects are frightening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hear if you attend an Assclown party, their food and drink tastes like ass.

A few people who post here are pretty good at comparing various things to the taste of ass.  I've yet to develop the skill, but they seem to use it more often than one would think natural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Razors Edge said:

A few people who post here are pretty good at comparing various things to the taste of ass.  I've yet to develop the skill, but they seem to use it more often than one would think natural.

Yeah, some of us really know our shit and the rest of you really need to get your shit together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Razors Edge said:

I'm starting to get excited thinking about it!  Definitely one of the many T-Day dinner highlights.  Yum!

Just say no.  Friends don't let friends eat green bean casserole.  Wait, you should go ahead and have as much as you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Just say no.  Friends don't let friends eat green bean casserole.  Wait, you should go ahead and have as much as you like.

Exactly!  I might have some sharp elbows as folks approach the casserole!  Sweet potatoes, though, are another one I might have to fight for.  And then the Brussels sprouts!  Even "normal" mashed potatoes and stuffing will be in contention.  Of course, leaving a little room for PIE!!!! will be a consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Exactly!  I might have some sharp elbows as folks approach the casserole!  Sweet potatoes, though, are another one I might have to fight for.  And then the Brussels sprouts!  Even "normal" mashed potatoes and stuffing will be in contention.  Of course, leaving a little room for PIE!!!! will be a consideration.

YOU KEEP YOUR FILTHY PAWS OF THE PECAN PIE YOU ANIMAL.  GET BACK TO YOUR TROUGH OF CASSEROLE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

YOU KEEP YOUR FILTHY PAWS OF THE PECAN PIE YOU ANIMAL.  GET BACK TO YOUR TROUGH OF CASSEROLE.

You might be in luck.  The pecan pie is not an "automatic" on our T-Day menu.  I haven't checked in with the peeps yet, so I am not really sure what the full dessert list will look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You might be in luck.  The pecan pie is not an "automatic" on our T-Day menu.  I haven't checked in with the peeps yet, so I am not really sure what the full dessert list will look like.

My wife makes an INCREDIBLE pecan pie.  You should join us over at my brothers.  You will make it 18 I think.  You might have to sit at the kids table, which is not bad, as my brother has very pretty college age daughters, but they are both dating and I think both boyfriends will be there, which reminds me I need to clean my shotgun and be there to help my brother out if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My wife makes an INCREDIBLE pecan pie.  You should join us over at my brothers.  You will make it 18 I think.  You might have to sit at the kids table, which is not bad, as my brother has very pretty college age daughters, but they are both dating and I think both boyfriends will be there, which reminds me I need to clean my shotgun and be there to help my brother out if needed.

Clearly, this invite is more suited for RG.  He is as effective as a shotgun at scaring college boys away from young ladies who attract his attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm starting to get excited thinking about it!  Definitely one of the many T-Day dinner highlights.  Yum!

Do marshmallows make an appearance on your table? How about cool whip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dennis said:

Do marshmallows make an appearance on your table? How about cool whip?

No.  :(  Reddiwip often does if no one wants to make whipped cream.  Marshmallows would if we went hot chocolate. Certainly they do when making s'mores during camping, but we don't do the marshmallows in the sweet potatoes. I think brown sugar is in those, though.  Whatever it is, it is tasty.  Cool whip makes me queasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dennis said:

Do marshmallows make an appearance on your table? How about cool whip?

Is this a trick question?

One of my favorites is my mom's pickle tray.  Asst of olives and pickles.   Do not know why it only rears it delicious pickled head at Thanksgiving, but I love it. and will snack off it both before and after the meal.   Pickles go well with mom's deviled eggs, which I think we are making this year instead of mom.  Three dozen eggs to be boiled are sitting in my fridge as I type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Is this a trick question?

One of my favorites is my mom's pickle tray.  Asst of olives and pickles.   Do not know why it only rears it delicious pickled head at Thanksgiving, but I love it. and will snack off it both before and after the meal.   Pickles go well with mom's deviled eggs, which I think we are making this year instead of mom.  Three dozen eggs to be boiled are sitting in my fridge as I type.

So, pickles yes, but marshmallows & cool whip are no???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Is this a trick question?

One of my favorites is my mom's pickle tray.  Asst of olives and pickles.   Do not know why it only rears it delicious pickled head at Thanksgiving, but I love it. and will snack off it both before and after the meal.   Pickles go well with mom's deviled eggs, which I think we are making this year instead of mom.  Three dozen eggs to be boiled are sitting in my fridge as I type.

I like pickles and eggs. Eggs any style. Deviled are delicious. Try some pickled asparagus. I bet you'd love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dennis said:

I like pickles and eggs. Eggs any style. Deviled are delicious. Try some pickled asparagus. I bet you'd love it. 

Is it crisp or soggy?  I cannot stand soggy limp asparagus but I love some crisp asparagus, seared in a pan with some olive oil and sea salt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Is it crisp or soggy?  I cannot stand soggy limp asparagus but I love some crisp asparagus, seared in a pan with some olive oil and sea salt. 

That is my go to way to make it.

Pickled should still have some bite. In the midwest, you'll find it at the liquor store.

Image result for pickled asparagus jar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dennis said:

That is my go to way to make it.

Pickled should still have some bite. In the midwest, you'll find it at the liquor store.

Image result for pickled asparagus jar

Thanks, but are the stalks still crisp, like pickles, with some crunch to them?  I do not like soggy stringy asparagus.  It is a texture thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Thanks, but are the stalks still crisp, like pickles, with some crunch to them?  I do not like soggy stringy asparagus.  It is a texture thing.

If it's done properly, they should have the texture of pickles. I've only had a couple of brands. I believe Santa Barbara were good ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maddmaxx said:

Never at the same time.  One has to have standards.

What about the cranberry salad that is made with cool whip and cranberries and marshmallows and nuts?

Image result for cranberry salad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

No.  :(  Reddiwip often does if no one wants to make whipped cream.  Marshmallows would if we went hot chocolate. Certainly they do when making s'mores during camping, but we don't do the marshmallows in the sweet potatoes. I think brown sugar is in those, though.  Whatever it is, it is tasty.  Cool whip makes me queasy.

cranberry sauce-from a can or make it using the real thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dennis said:

cranberry sauce-from a can or make it using the real thing?

I'm a "purist" from the 70s, so I prefer the canned version!  Those ribs make perfect slicing guidelines, and when they put the "fresh" cranberries in a bowl on the table, I skip over them to get the classic version. 

image.png.f95098327c8dd2b67ddf9c97cea010b6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm a "purist" from the 70s, so I prefer the canned version!  Those ribs make perfect slicing guidelines, and when they put the "fresh" cranberries in a bowl on the table, I skip over them to get the classic version. 

image.png.f95098327c8dd2b67ddf9c97cea010b6.png

Not often, but at times we think alike. 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm a "purist" from the 70s, so I prefer the canned version!  Those ribs make perfect slicing guidelines, and when they put the "fresh" cranberries in a bowl on the table, I skip over them to get the classic version. 

image.png.f95098327c8dd2b67ddf9c97cea010b6.png

I will not be using a can open opener for mine.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cranberry-sauce-with-orange-and-cinnamon

image.thumb.png.b1fa81dcdaca1e431522bcc70c39b8cd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dennis said:

I will not be using a can open opener for mine.

I hear ya.  I do prefer the canned stuff, but often have the fresh stuff.  A big difference in prep time, though, and I leave the kitchen management to the pros - wife and her sisters for the big holiday meals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I hear ya.  I do prefer the canned stuff, but often have the fresh stuff.  A big difference in prep time, though, and I leave the kitchen management to the pros - wife and her sisters for the big holiday meals.

Use the cranberry sauce mix. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...