I Exceeded My Limit!

Razors Edge

Just now, jsharr said:

Can you give us an example so we can tell when you are being an azzclown?

Generally, whenever I post.  Just responding to this question has put me at a deficit for the start of tomorrow.  For anyone else, I would have waited until tomorrow morning, but I didn't want to keep you up all night waiting for my reply. 

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Generally, whenever I post.  Just responding to this question has put me at a deficit for the start of tomorrow.  For anyone else, I would have waited until tomorrow morning, but I didn't want to keep you up all night waiting for my reply. 

Golly.  Thanks.

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hear if you attend an Assclown party, their food and drink tastes like ass.

A few people who post here are pretty good at comparing various things to the taste of ass.  I've yet to develop the skill, but they seem to use it more often than one would think natural.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

A few people who post here are pretty good at comparing various things to the taste of ass.  I've yet to develop the skill, but they seem to use it more often than one would think natural.

Yeah, some of us really know our shit and the rest of you really need to get your shit together.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Just say no.  Friends don't let friends eat green bean casserole.  Wait, you should go ahead and have as much as you like.

Exactly!  I might have some sharp elbows as folks approach the casserole!  Sweet potatoes, though, are another one I might have to fight for.  And then the Brussels sprouts!  Even "normal" mashed potatoes and stuffing will be in contention.  Of course, leaving a little room for PIE!!!! will be a consideration.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Exactly!  I might have some sharp elbows as folks approach the casserole!  Sweet potatoes, though, are another one I might have to fight for.  And then the Brussels sprouts!  Even "normal" mashed potatoes and stuffing will be in contention.  Of course, leaving a little room for PIE!!!! will be a consideration.

YOU KEEP YOUR FILTHY PAWS OF THE PECAN PIE YOU ANIMAL.  GET BACK TO YOUR TROUGH OF CASSEROLE.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

YOU KEEP YOUR FILTHY PAWS OF THE PECAN PIE YOU ANIMAL.  GET BACK TO YOUR TROUGH OF CASSEROLE.

You might be in luck.  The pecan pie is not an "automatic" on our T-Day menu.  I haven't checked in with the peeps yet, so I am not really sure what the full dessert list will look like.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You might be in luck.  The pecan pie is not an "automatic" on our T-Day menu.  I haven't checked in with the peeps yet, so I am not really sure what the full dessert list will look like.

My wife makes an INCREDIBLE pecan pie.  You should join us over at my brothers.  You will make it 18 I think.  You might have to sit at the kids table, which is not bad, as my brother has very pretty college age daughters, but they are both dating and I think both boyfriends will be there, which reminds me I need to clean my shotgun and be there to help my brother out if needed.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My wife makes an INCREDIBLE pecan pie.  You should join us over at my brothers.  You will make it 18 I think.  You might have to sit at the kids table, which is not bad, as my brother has very pretty college age daughters, but they are both dating and I think both boyfriends will be there, which reminds me I need to clean my shotgun and be there to help my brother out if needed.

Clearly, this invite is more suited for RG.  He is as effective as a shotgun at scaring college boys away from young ladies who attract his attention. 

Just now, dennis said:

Do marshmallows make an appearance on your table? How about cool whip?

No.  :(  Reddiwip often does if no one wants to make whipped cream.  Marshmallows would if we went hot chocolate. Certainly they do when making s'mores during camping, but we don't do the marshmallows in the sweet potatoes. I think brown sugar is in those, though.  Whatever it is, it is tasty.  Cool whip makes me queasy.

5 minutes ago, dennis said:

Do marshmallows make an appearance on your table? How about cool whip?

Is this a trick question?

One of my favorites is my mom's pickle tray.  Asst of olives and pickles.   Do not know why it only rears it delicious pickled head at Thanksgiving, but I love it. and will snack off it both before and after the meal.   Pickles go well with mom's deviled eggs, which I think we are making this year instead of mom.  Three dozen eggs to be boiled are sitting in my fridge as I type.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

One of my favorites is my mom's pickle tray.  Asst of olives and pickles.   Do not know why it only rears it delicious pickled head at Thanksgiving, but I love it. and will snack off it both before and after the meal.   Pickles go well with mom's deviled eggs, which I think we are making this year instead of mom.  Three dozen eggs to be boiled are sitting in my fridge as I type.

So, pickles yes, but marshmallows & cool whip are no???

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I like pickles and eggs. Eggs any style. Deviled are delicious. Try some pickled asparagus. I bet you'd love it. 

Just now, dennis said:

I like pickles and eggs. Eggs any style. Deviled are delicious. Try some pickled asparagus. I bet you'd love it. 

Is it crisp or soggy?  I cannot stand soggy limp asparagus but I love some crisp asparagus, seared in a pan with some olive oil and sea salt. 

4 minutes ago, dennis said:

That is my go to way to make it.

Pickled should still have some bite. In the midwest, you'll find it at the liquor store.

Image result for pickled asparagus jar

Thanks, but are the stalks still crisp, like pickles, with some crunch to them?  I do not like soggy stringy asparagus.  It is a texture thing.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Thanks, but are the stalks still crisp, like pickles, with some crunch to them?  I do not like soggy stringy asparagus.  It is a texture thing.

If it's done properly, they should have the texture of pickles. I've only had a couple of brands. I believe Santa Barbara were good ones. 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

No.  :(  Reddiwip often does if no one wants to make whipped cream.  Marshmallows would if we went hot chocolate. Certainly they do when making s'mores during camping, but we don't do the marshmallows in the sweet potatoes. I think brown sugar is in those, though.  Whatever it is, it is tasty.  Cool whip makes me queasy.

cranberry sauce-from a can or make it using the real thing?

14 hours ago, dennis said:

cranberry sauce-from a can or make it using the real thing?

I'm a "purist" from the 70s, so I prefer the canned version!  Those ribs make perfect slicing guidelines, and when they put the "fresh" cranberries in a bowl on the table, I skip over them to get the classic version. 

image.png.f95098327c8dd2b67ddf9c97cea010b6.png

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm a "purist" from the 70s, so I prefer the canned version!  Those ribs make perfect slicing guidelines, and when they put the "fresh" cranberries in a bowl on the table, I skip over them to get the classic version. 

Not often, but at times we think alike. ?

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I will not be using a can open opener for mine.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cranberry-sauce-with-orange-and-cinnamon

image.thumb.png.b1fa81dcdaca1e431522bcc70c39b8cd.png

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

I will not be using a can open opener for mine.

I hear ya.  I do prefer the canned stuff, but often have the fresh stuff.  A big difference in prep time, though, and I leave the kitchen management to the pros - wife and her sisters for the big holiday meals.