And I has new tars.

maddmaxx

1 minute ago, dennis said:

Why does that make you a jerk? 

When I was young and going to school I mounted tires for Sears.  The first winter storm of the year brought a gold rush boom of people who couldn't drive their cars in snow.  We used to get good laughs at their lack of foresight.  I've always thought that good planning had one thinking about winter driving before you couldn't, not after.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

When I was young and going to school I mounted tires for Sears.  The first winter storm of the year brought a gold rush boom of people who couldn't drive their cars in snow.  We used to get good laughs at their lack of foresight.  I've always thought that good planning had one thinking about winter driving before you couldn't, not after.

So you procrastinated. How does procrastination make you a jerk?

I must be a jerk. We've had snow for weeks and I have no snow tires. I might get some, I might not.

14 minutes ago, dennis said:

So you procrastinated. How does procrastination make you a jerk?

I must be a jerk. We've had snow for weeks and I have no snow tires. I might get some, I might not.

Are your tires bald?  Womaxx's were 2mm above the wear bar.  Not enough for snow with an all season tire.

I was young and poor, my tires had cords showing, but none of the cords were broken. Drove through a couple snow storms like that, and the car did pretty well. I came into some money and bought a set of recap snow tires.

The cords got much better traction than the new recaps...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Further said:

I was young and poor, my tires had cords showing, but none of the cords were broken. Drove through a couple snow storms like that, and the car did pretty well. I came into some money and bought a set of recap snow tires.

The cords got much better traction than the new recaps...

I remember recaps.  OMG.

I never bought any.

52 minutes ago, Further said:

They were cheap, in more ways than one...

I bought my recaps from Dan Dan the tire man. Ten bucks each, includes mounting, balancing, old tire disposal, and life of the tread guarantee. It was a drive thru tire shop, you drive in, someone asks you what you need. He writes it on a slip of paper that you take to the office to pay. By the time you get back they are just installing  the last tire on your car. I think his tire guys must have worked pit crews somewhere. Four tires in less than ten minutes was normal.

• Awesome 1