I wore shoes today

jsharr

15427276026568301981642295788318.jpg

We have investors coming in to the office today for a presentation.  I even wore a starched shirt and a jacket instead of a polo shirt and jeans and boots.   Still wearing jeans though.  I have some things that I just won't do.

I suck at taking selfies or I would give you the whole picture, but I am not sure you could handle it.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

starched shirt

Can't say I've gone that route in decades.  I'll have my shirts pressed, but never starched.  Is there a reason for starch?  I have a hard time finding a reason for pressed/ironed, so maybe I'm too unfashionable to understand (n00bs are like that).

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Can't say I've gone that route in decades.  I'll have my shirts pressed, but never starched.  Is there a reason for starch?  I have a hard time finding a reason for pressed/ironed, so maybe I'm too unfashionable to understand (n00bs are like that).

I like the way the cuffs and collars look when worn with a blazer.

BTW, the whole blazer vs sportcoat vs coat thing confuses me.   The one I am wearing today is very traditional, but I think it is still more sportcoat / blazer than suit coat.

And I will only wear a tie if I have too.  I have a large neck, 21" or so, and finding a collar that will button is a challenge and a tight collar makes me sweat.  

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

BTW, the whole blazer vs sportcoat vs coat thing confuses me. 

Hmmm. What is the difference between a blazer and a sport coat?  And when can a suit coat be worn as one of those?  Is it the buttons? The cut? The collar?

Never wear that stuff except for weddings or funerals these days.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Hmmm. What is the difference between a blazer and a sport coat?  And when can a suit coat be worn as one of those?  Is it the buttons? The cut? The collar?

Never wear that stuff except for weddings or funerals these days.

Blazer has to be blue and have buttons.  Sport coat does not come with matching pants.  Suit coat comes with pants, but in some instances can be worn with other pants. 

I've been wearing sneakers lately.  All summer and the fall until recently I've been parading around in fisherman sandals but it's too cold outside now. I also wear the pair at top occasionally, but your feet are more stable in the fisherman sandals, they have soft soles and have plenty of foot-room, and it's comfortable to walk long distances in them:

1015200117_SandalsfromWalmartOnline2_11_18.JPG.648662d8e20c261e8693426023d35fa0.JPG

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Just trying to keep RG happy.  The guy has been in a rough spot what with the employment stuff and terminal PRI.

Cut us some slack. 

Whatever

Of these two, Obviosly the one with the hedge hog is better.  The bee is friendly, though he looks fierce.

The bottom one is a work in progress and the bike frame is not true to life in order to get the spacing right to spell GOOD.  Form over function I believe.

Anyway, if you ask me, @Kzoo you should use the green one with the hedgehog.

image.png.46a8d1280bdb57b6f543b5b096500f62.png

image.png.eda864c190b66d463ad2189e44c7c790.png

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Those are nice...

Nice?  A stupid owl riding a bike where he can't even reach the pedals?  And he has a hedge hog on his head?  Is that in case he gets hungry?  And while he is not paying attention to where he is coasting he is going to get bit by that huge ass bumble wasp and go into shock and die!  jsharr is trying to kill you and you say it is nice?

And in that second screwed up picture, I guess the bottom bracket and crankset are held in place by pixie dust?  Jeebus Crisp, that frame is a travesty.  Can you say toe strike, or in your case, talon strike?  And do not even get me started on the steering geometry, but again, jsharr has put you on a death machine and told you to "have a GOOD day"?  Better he should be honest and say "rest in peace"

16 minutes ago, Howie Mandel said:

Nice?  A stupid owl riding a bike where he can't even reach the pedals?  And he has a hedge hog on his head?  Is that in case he gets hungry?  And while he is not paying attention to where he is coasting he is going to get bit by that huge ass bumble wasp and go into shock and die!  jsharr is trying to kill you and you say it is nice?

And in that second screwed up picture, I guess the bottom bracket and crankset are held in place by pixie dust?  Jeebus Crisp, that frame is a travesty.  Can you say toe strike, or in your case, talon strike?  And do not even get me started on the steering geometry, but again, jsharr has put you on a death machine and told you to "have a GOOD day"?  Better he should be honest and say "rest in peace"

RG, I just made a case for why we should be nice to you.  You just screwed that up.

@jsharr, which avatar should I switch too.?

• Envious 1

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I've been wearing sneakers lately.  All summer and the fall until recently I've been parading around in fisherman sandals but it's too cold outside now. I also wear the pair at top occasionally, but your feet are more stable in the fisherman sandals, they have soft soles and have plenty of foot-room, and it's comfortable to walk long distances in them:

1015200117_SandalsfromWalmartOnline2_11_18.JPG.648662d8e20c261e8693426023d35fa0.JPG

Do you wear socks with those?