Teen Tournament ends tonight

Road Runner

46 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My pick is way behind. I forget her name already!

Oh yeah, Maya. She could recover!

Definitely.  She could have a great game tonight and with the right betting in Final Jeopardy, anything can happen.  Being behind, she will probably feel less pressure and might be able to concentrate better.  

Emma is amazing to me.  She almost never gets a question wrong.  If she rings in, she knows it!  

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That was interesting another teen said in an interview that they usually know the answer, it s a matter of hitting the buzzer first. 

I disagree.  kinda.  There are a lot of wrong answers (questions) given by the contestants.  Actually, that is partly why Maya didn't do so well last night.  If you miss a $2000 question, it hurts.  I was looking at the stats last night and according to the site I was on, during the tournament, Emma has made 51 correct answers and has given only one incorrect.  Significantly better that Maya and Claire.

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Jeopardy has real staying power!  Remember Password?  To Tell the Truth was sort of fun. 

I started watching Jeopardy in the late 60's.  On certain days, I would get home from classes at Old Dominion just as Jeopardy was coming on (daytime in those days).  I would eat my lunch and watch Art Fleming give the answers.  :)

• Awesome 1

I guessed cherry only because it was all I could think of as "reasonable".  I don't think the DC cherry trees bear fruit, but are rather more ornamental or flowering, at least I've never noticed anything resembling a cherry on our trees.  I assume that they must produce some kind of "fruit", but not the "gather and make a pie" sort????  During the big cherry blossom festival - and before and after - the only waste you see on the ground under the trees is the blooms themselves.  Leaves fall in the autumn, but maybe the birds eat the fruit before it falls to the ground.