The White House is a pretty big house

Road Runner

Without googling, how many rooms?  I just ran into this on a crossword puzzle and I was a bit surprised.  I knew it was a big house but also with very large rooms.  So how many rooms do you think it has?  My house, including kitchen and bathroom is 7 rooms.  Who needs more than 20-25 rooms?  Please, no political crap...

IDK but I know there have been many remodels that create lots of little offices. Some not much bigger than a closet. I read something a few years ago about how they were trying to drag cables to all the computers in all the rooms. A total nightmare when dealing with old construction and when you fold in historic preservation

It has 3 kitchens and 35 bathrooms.  132 rooms in all and 55,000 sq. ft. (1.3 acres) of floor space.  The fenced in grounds area totals 18 acres (almost 14 football fields).

I guess if I had that much grass to cut, I might have to finally break down and buy a riding mower.    :mellow:    

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Road Runner said:

It has 3 kitchens and 35 bathrooms.  132 rooms in all and 55,000 sq. ft. (1.3 acres) of floor space.  The fenced in grounds area totals 18 acres (almost 14 football fields).

I guess if I had that much grass to cut, I might have to finally break down and buy a riding mower.    :mellow:    

I’m sorry, you did not phrase that response as a question and will not get credit.

• Heart 1