Some really good college games on today

Road Runner

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I thought Michigan would dominate Ohio State.  I was wrong.....  :huh:

Yeah, surprisingly OSU kicked their ass.  I realize they are in the top 10 but it makes me question how good either one of those teams are.  Meyer almost lost a couple of ones.  On the surface, it tells me the Big 10 isn't all that strong this year.  But I guess we'll find out this bowl season.

Just now, Dottles said:

Yeah, surprisingly OSU kicked their ass.  I realize they are in the top 10 but it makes me question how good either one of those teams are.  Meyer almost lost a couple of ones.  On the surface, it tells me the Big 10 isn't all that strong this year.  But I guess we'll find out this bowl season.

OSU should have lost last week at Maryland.  They were lucky to beat the sucky Terrapins

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

OSU should have lost last week at Maryland.  They were lucky to beat the sucky Terrapins

Exactly.  That wasn't the first time they had a close call this year against a no name school.  My bad.  Purdue is not a no name school.  But certainly not a power house and they kicked their ass.

Huskers lost yesterday. No owl this year. Really like how much the team improved in the 2nd half of the season. Can’t wait for the 2019 season!

It’s tough to get a read on the B1G this season. I can’t really tell if the conference parity is a sign that all ships are raising or tearing each other down. Maybe the bowl season will tell us more. 

27 minutes ago, 2Far said:

OMG. I wondered if they were just toying with them in the first half.

AU scored on two trick plays and a terribly underthrown pass. 

I'm a little worried about Georgia.  They seemed to be hitting their stride right now, and they have the best offense that Bama has seen this year.  ?

They saved the best for last.  Texas A&M vs LSU.  Set some NCAA football records.

Aggies won in 7 overtimes.  74-72.  Aggies will be going to a better bowl now and LSU's hope of a BCS  bowl are gone.

Talk about an up and down nail biter of a game.  Looked like it was over, then the Aggies got a few lucky calls and tied the game on the very last play with 1 second on the clock and then went on to win in overtime.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

They saved the best for last.  Texas A&M vs LSU.  Set some NCAA football records.

Aggies won in 7 overtimes.  74-72.  Aggies will be going to a better bowl now and LSU's hope of a BCS  bowl are gone.

Talk about an up and down nail biter of a game.  Looked like it was over, then the Aggies got a few lucky calls and tied the game on the very last play with 1 second on the clock and then went on to win in overtime.

Wow.  Congrats!  I always love to see the SCC lose.  Well, that and an affinity for games that are defensive struggles.

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

An epic game!

I think there should should be a limit on the overtimes, such as two or three and if it is still tied, then it is a tie.  I know 7 OTs is fun for the fans, but seems overly dangerous to the players.  The game is already a significant threat to bodily and mental injury.  Extending the game with no limit seems ridiculous.

Just now, Road Runner said:

I think there should should be a limit on the overtimes, such as two or three and it is still tied, then it is a tie.  I know this is fun for the fans, but seems overly dangerous to the players.  The game is already a significant threat to bodily and mental injury.  Extending the game with no limit seems ridiculous.

I would not argue too much.  They guys were gassed.  A&M ran something like 110 offensive plays.  The LSU quarterback ran the ball 28 times.  It was an epic battle that will go down in the NCAA and SEC record books, but both sides lost players to injury during the hour or so of overtime play.   I still cannot believe the Aggies won.  I was expecting to be outscored by quite a bit.  

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would not argue too much.  They guys were gassed.  A&M ran something like 110 offensive plays.  The LSU quarterback ran the ball 28 times.  It was an epic battle that will go down in the NCAA and SEC record books, but both sides lost players to injury during the hour or so of overtime play.   I still cannot believe the Aggies won.  I was expecting to be outscored by quite a bit.  

I didn't watch it, but I have heard and read today that the officiating pretty much sucked.  :(

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I didn't watch it, but I have heard and read today that the officiating pretty much sucked.  :(

I think that can be said of most games.  I could see how LSU felt that the calls went against them to keep A&M in the game.  Looked like LSU had it won with an interception in the final minute but the officials ruled A&M's qb touched the ball with his knee on the ground prior to the pass.

Same thing with the spike with one second.  TV and stadium showed time over, the replay showed the ball hit the ground on the spike to stop the clock with 1 second left.

Both things kept the Aggies in the game instead of going home.

The catch to extend the game was incredible, but it was a catch.

The refs let them play for the most part.  

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The refs let them play for the most part.

This seems to be the trend.  I see offensive and/or defensive pass interference on almost every pass play these days, college and NFL, but the refs just don't call it anymore.  Not unless someone practically gets tackled.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

This seems to be the trend.  I see offensive and/or defensive pass interference on almost every pass play these days, college and NFL, but the refs just don't call it anymore.  Not unless someone practically gets tackled.

Ummmm. You have not seen pac 12 refs. I am actually glad to see other conference refs in bowl games. 

Two words...glasses ref. He is actually retired now. But he was beyond awful. There was damn near a riot in corvallis a few years ago on a bogus call. 

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

Did you watch that whole thing?  The knee down on the interception, The spike with one second on the clock?  the crazy one armed catch for the TD?

Nope. Caught the replays on "College Football Final" on the Ocho. Knee was def down and a great catch for the TD, but I thought they got a very generous spot on the 3rd/4th and long. Looked to me that he was a yard short. Dunno. 

I'm  sure the refs were exhausted, too