Are you anal?

Road Runner

With certain things yes but no so much with tools & such.  

Im anal about where stuff is, not so much how it's organized.  In the military &  as a cop I had every piece of equipment in the same place every time. Even now, Keys always go in the right front pocket, phone in the left, wallet left rear.. etc.  When I get home everything goes in the same place every time.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I like food in the cupboards to be label in front, as if it were at the grocery store.

Absolutely. Also canned goods by type with paper goods or box goods on a different shelf. Do not mix cans and boxes. Also, by category those for sweet and those primarily for savory.  There can be a little cross over as in ginger but I use it more to bake so it goes there . 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

With certain things yes but no so much with tools & such.  

Im anal about where stuff is, not so much how it's organized.  In the military &  as a cop I had every piece of equipment in the same place every time. Even now, Keys always go in the right front pocket, phone in the left, wallet left rear.. etc.  When I get home everything goes in the same place every time.

Right pocket is phone and headphones, left pocket is keys and glasses or the empty glasses case, wallet in right rear.  Every time.  When I get home, I hang my jeans up with everything still in them, but I will pull the phone out and keep it next to me.  I literally never wonder where my pocket stuff is, and can't fathom that people would never develop a similar system.  

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Right pocket is phone and headphones, left pocket is keys and glasses or the empty glasses case, wallet in right rear.  Every time.  When I get home, I hang my jeans up with everything still in them, but I will pull the phone out and keep it next to me.  I literally never wonder where my pocket stuff is, and can't fathom that people would never develop a similar system.  

My son who takes after his mom. That kid has been loosing his stuff from early on.  He has misplaced his wallet, phone  & keys more than I can count.  "Just pick a place and put your stuff there...". Nope.  

Wheres my keys, I'm late for work!?!?? That was this morning...

I keep my pedal wrench under the bed. If there's a break in, I club the intruder with it. Something needs fixing, you have the one tool needed for every job. If you can't fix it with a pedal wrench, but a new one.

Groceries. I don't really do cans. Maybe one or two(sardines and tomatoes). Cereal is next to the whisky. Beer in the fridge. Wine on top of the fridge. There had better be coffee or somebody gets a pedal wrench to the head. My spices are alphabetized so the chicken tikka masala gets curry instead of cinnamon(don't ask). 

Bikes are in the bedroom guarded closely with a pedal wrench. Skis are next to the couch. 

I keep my one Christmas decoration out year round. I have a spare cassette on the kitchen counter. GF gave it a look the other day. 

I have my priorities straight so I guess you could say my answer is yes. 

• Haha 1