Your significant other

Airehead

If you have one, what kind of work do they do?  Mr. Aire is an automotive engineer who invents things that have to do with emissions and hangs out in really cold places or really hot places and occasionally in places where the altitude is high. Sometimes he takes guests to the wind tunnel for fun. 

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Honestly, I don't really know.  She works for a startup.  She's kinda like me, she does what needs to be done, and what she's told to do.

My wife is kind of the same. She was a financial analyst for Mitsubishi and then Edwards Life Sciences.  She burnt out on the corporate life and works for a family owned firm that makes safety products.  

Only 12 employees and she kind of does it all. She  earns a little less but is much happier.

Social worker/ counselor. She works for a local school with kids at risk of quoting/ dropping out. Also teaches at the local community college on occasion and does private counseling, everything from addiction, marriage, and mental health 

• Heart 1

To tell you the truth.. I haven't got a clue what she does.. all I know is she goes to work and calls me all the time bitching about the stupid employees she has to deal with and the stupid way they can not enter data correctly into a database system. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

HR manager for a global engineering firm. Though she is considering transitioning to a HRIS type position as it has become clear to her, her company has plans to outsource all HR to India and she probably will be on the chopping block. 

Seems 11 years of faithful expertise isnt that hard to outsource. I'll train her on the IS certificates and she'll take it from there. 

She should have been a doctor or something.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

She is a stay at home mom to 'me and the kids'.:whistle: It's been a full time job for 56 years yesterday.

Congratulations to you and Mrs sheep herder. 56 years is a great run. I am sure you are not easy to take care of. 

• Awesome 1

14 hours ago, KrAzY said:

To tell you the truth.. I haven't got a clue what she does.. all I know is she goes to work and calls me all the time bitching about the stupid employees she has to deal with and the stupid way they can not enter data correctly into a database system. 

I didn't know that I worked for your wife.

• Heart 2

Retired bank officer.  Retired in June after 46 years in banking.  Now works half time managing the church office.  She said it would drive her crazy to stay home and baby sit me and 5 dogs. (that might drive me crazy too)  When she isn't working for the church she is a spinster.  Spinning and knitting wool from llamas and Shetland sheep.  We are adding Siberwool to that.  With 5 Siberian Huskies we have plenty of that.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Wo46 works for a grocery store chain in the main office poking numbers into a computer. And part time monkey. 

So if you shop at the Piggly Wiggly's in the area and if the price of your green beans doesn't match the price in the weekly flyer. 

It's her fault. 

• Awesome 2

She is a teacher that had to give up full time positions five times due to my transfers over the years.  She took her Masters Degree in Literacy Education and now works for the Education Department of the local University where she works with student teachers.  She also still wanted to use her Masters and so runs a private business for kids who struggle with reading and writing by developing individual programs for them based on what 'rungs of the ladder' they are missing that is preventing them from progressing.  She has done that for 6 years now, has never advertised and is full with a waiting list year to year.

She is way smarter and more accomplished than I am

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

WoScrapr has been a SAHM for almost our entire time together. She ran a complementary business to our main business for a couple years. We shut that down and she stayed home and advocated for Lil Scrapr in school. She also took care of me and my sheot. And schooled me in networking in the HomeBuilders Assoc. She is a Phd in networking. I am Freshman level. 

Right now mostly sniffles and coughs and keeps me awake at night.  I think she learned that from me last week.  Her full time job is trying to make me less of a moron, kind of hard to tell how successful she is at that since it's been a long time since she wasn't doing that and I was a a total moron all by myself.  She has an MBA from a prestigious university and makes almost nothing as the business manager at the church but she is extremely successful at that calling.  And she walks the dog.

• Heart 2