Panties shopping is hard

shootingstar

Some of the choices don't look practical...for men nowadays.  But anyway.... so many choices in terms of cut.  Really...?  Am with a traditional guy which makes life simpler. No boxer shorts. He thinks that's weird. 

Continue to be discouraged by the high pricing and sizing for practical yet reasonably designed women's panties.  Too much lacy stuff that's itchy even under business wear or would fall apart if I did some exercises.  I should have bought in ...Japan.  A size small ..is now nearly size medium at waist. 

There is NO way I can shop online.  I truly need to see the clothing itself for real and truly assess for proper fit.  I detest wasting time and cost of returning things for exchange or refund.

• Like 1

I find it a lot of fun when I walk up with a handful of ladies panties and ask where the dressing room is to try them on for sizing. Perhaps you should try that. ?

Getting serious. I find underware way over priced at most stores. Ross is your friend for decent pricing of premium lines. Otherwise Haines or Fruit of the Loom at Target. Comfort is the primary requirement. It is not like people are going to see them. 

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

After coming home, I went to straight to his underwear drawer...did I buy the right size for him?  Conclusion:  he really needs new underwear after examining some appalling loss of elasticity.

He should be proud of some Tommy Hillfiinger brand since he's never bought that for himself.

I wear my underwear until they fall apart, drives my wife nuts.  If I was single I'd probably have 30 YO holy blown out underwear.  I haven't purchased any in decades, she throws them out when worn & replaces them.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We have a Jockey outlet at the outlet mall. Everything is at least 50% off the list price and they are still overpriced. One pair of boxers for $25? I don’t think so, I would go without before I would pay that.

I get much better prices over the internet.  I normally buy packages of 3 or 5 and would never pay $25 for a pair. I periodically get emails for sales and buy ahead if it is a bargain.

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

I get much better prices over the internet.  I normally buy packages of 3 or 5 and would never pay $25 for a pair.

My wife bought some at the outlet one time so now about every month or so she gets a catalog from them. I bring in the mail and act excited and tell her her jockey shorts catalog is here.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Continue to be discouraged by the high pricing and sizing for practical yet reasonably designed women's panties. 

I was telling my wife about this thread and she suggested you shop the children’s department. An added bonus to that you might be able to get some with Princess Anna on them.

When shopping with my wife and she needs to get socks or underwear and heads into the ladies underwear department I embarrass her by singing “walking in the women’s Underwear”.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was telling my wife about this thread and she suggested you shop the children’s department. An added bonus to that you might be able to get some with Princess Anna on them.

When shopping with my wife and she needs to get socks or underwear and heads into the ladies underwear department I embarrass her by singing “walking in the women’s Underwear”.

:) I always wanted to be a Princess in underwear. 

I have this feeling that children's clothing aren't shaped for women's curves. Seriously. I have approx. 3 older teen's clothing and the distinguishing feature is that the cut tends to be shapeless since girls who haven't developed don't have curves yet. I have a child's fleecy vest which is cut very straight and looks boxy on me....but hey, who will notice when I wear it underneath for snowshoeing.  My favourite women's fleecy vest quite small, but all cut with curves.  (It was part of an outdoor clothing line manufactured by Chinese immigrant entrepreneurs who set up shop in Vancouver. Sadly their line is no longer on the market in Canada.)

I just have smaller curves, I still have hips of a woman.  I think my mother would agree.... because she used to sew underpants for her daughters!  This used to puzzle some of us. (Ok, um thx mum.)   I can tell...from looking at long pants meant for girls vs. women.  A good indicator:  rain pants for a child is cut differently than for a small woman.  For a child, the whole crotch area is straighter and not necessarily as deep in the abdomen area.   I know...because I used to sew a lot of my own clothing (thank you mother for her coaching, but not my own underwear) and know how to assess very well, cut of clothing styles. 

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

We have a Jockey outlet at the outlet mall. Everything is at least 50% off the list price and they are still overpriced. One pair of boxers for $25? I don’t think so, I would go without before I would pay that.

I drive by Grove City about 30 times a year yet haven’t shopped there in maybe 15 years. Too crowded, and the deals aren’t what I expect out of an outlet store. And the Primanti’s parking lot is difficult to navigate!

23 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I drive by Grove City about 30 times a year yet haven’t shopped there in maybe 15 years. Too crowded, and the deals aren’t what I expect out of an outlet store. And the Primanti’s parking lot is difficult to navigate!

We have 3 outlet malls all in tourist central which I avoid like the plague, going as a last resort. When I have gone out there, prices were equal to or worse that what I could get the identical product in town. Last time out there shopping for dress shoes, did land a deal on Clarkes, but Bostonian, Ecco, Johnson Murphy and other stores were worse than what could get in town.

Do any of you guys wear those compression undies?  I have 3 pair I wear when I work out and last week wore them all day & then changed at work.  I'm actually thinking of getting more to wear for normal wear.

The material is similar to Lycra but thinner and not as tight and they are cut like a boxer. 

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

You know.... I genuinely can't fit size small for Jockey women's panties.  Otherwise they have good quality.

Can you buy teen or petite womens underwear?

I go with an all cotton boxer brief from Fruit of the Loom or Hanes or whatever is on sale and I am good to go.  Buy them in a 12 pack every year or so.  When they get worn out, into the trash they go.

43 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Semper ubi sub ubi 

:)  I looked up the Latin. All I could remember was "semper" = always... before I could check it out.

No jsharr...there's no such thing as petite underpants.  Small is small in North America which is not the same as small in Japan, etc.  I've never seen extra-small sizing category in women's underpants.  Tiny/ lacy bikinis aren't worth daily wear.

8 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Didn't you watch Seinfeld?  What kind of man are you?  You are 'sposed to wear them until the last underwear molecule vaporizes? :D

One of the dogs will generally ventilate them to the point all the underwear molecules leak out prior to that point.  

21 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

This thread once again proves the General Theory of Forum Participation:  "If you want a lot of responses to a topic, use the word,"panties" somewhere in the title."  :) 

I was just thinking how insidious it was to use panties in the title but then steer it toward men's underwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1