This can’t be normal

Chris...

Hey, this is my Christmas tree...it's a mini with mini decorations of things gathered from trips. (It's a great and cheap way to deal with foreign trip souveniers.) Dearie actually has abit (not a lot) more Christmas decorations than I...some lights.  We don't have space to even store a lot of decorations...that is the advantage of living in a condo:  forced non-consumerism.

As long as the partner who wants waaay more Christmas decorations, takes down a lot of it if you don't like it.  

reif-ice-wine.jpg

6 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Just so happens that we took down the Christmas boxes from the attic. Note: This does not include two huge artificial trees that we store in the shed. You can barely see the third row.

1882146481_Garage2018.thumb.jpg.018aa75580c8f4436c4ca51e872a7a8c.jpg

That represents more than everything I own in total.

How do you get to those bikes? Save the bikes from Christmas!

• Haha 1

Just now, dennis said:

How do you get to those bikes? Save the bikes from Christmas!

Those two are my daughter's and son-in-law's bikes. They haven't moved them to their new home yet. My road bike is in the back of the car and my touring bike is on the other side of the garage where I can get to it. I did have to move the 1954 JC Higgins out to the shed. I hope to start restoring, or at least get it ride-able, this winter.

• Heart 1

The Mrs has a whole wall of those totes and plastic bags filled with decorations in the basement. But she said since only half the family are coming up this Christmas she won't be going all out this year. So I only needed to bring up four of those totes. But we bought a new, smaller frosted tree instead. :facepalm:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, dennis said:

Here is mine. I keep it out year round.

MDQQvqAr5LbaFhS3pw52tA-YVLv4RUAq6LQsE448bSKdSJLYM2rFrzSsg5f1mTYSzCDzo4_V-ef9Wau13Pgmcx-vIXvsRLDYKegpcx32UZsSdKpvNwi8MwbNvePNQ2FmmIqEg9lJGZ1Pw_jhmE3trbImxWBKsQKtgAJx-SGoKs1LcZcAIN1_2BKB0yeJQpRIW7LTRj8U2DtJYGeHeqYJFBE41zK88DE5aZX3lFOKq2T4jeOODuErHLz4i1yxmrHKoqXmq-7RQFq3C7toYZ_D_tbCB2qT2IQoWra8CPguRYl2ltQ0L_rajutSiwjvNdzSLrsHqtrC9EaIS044_D0TCRyH0MSopWr5g1Aseitu-KTOiwzuG_wPB-4BIUck9HPd61yLDRtppIdDT9UsTwxUoLvmeX-SAZeOW7afDiwK_cATrwA9v3PQ8-Igb2CGyPxxDTZdyjifs1gEQoTtkOsXVCNh-hUkwx7F59hGUVQkKOwXrhFyPNjXGnA7CbjOnHdZONZk555yqcNGcS7JKrP5mVVIVpvndHb5dHVL1TP6SGNYqw7Lu0r5iwdEHn2su01AtdZETZZSY1yusHqD-QjzWCi7wCbqJUMiTWNgghQ03qf1m7K_A7oebBO_W2us_BMaoUTUWiapdwm7Td982Ek5riji=w358-h636-no

The nutcracker....to my understanding comes from the German tradition.  

Gosh some of you folks will have big changes if /when you have to downsize your living space. If not, other people outside of home won't be happy unpacking and packing all that Christmas decorations stuff.  

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I often wax nostalgic for my single days when I was on the dennis plan, except slightly more festive, because my 10" tree was lighted and I only took it oot for the season, and perched it on top of the TV. :) Ahh, the cheap and simple life.

It's pretty awesome Ralph. I like living in a small space and still having room. Simple suits me. Getting rid of any tv service was one of the best things I've done.