And what did you do at the gym today..Nov 25

petitepedal

I found inspiration in a man who I think is recovering from a stroke. Using a cain and limited use of his left arm..he was doing squats, working his legs and omg I was staring at him when he used his cane to swing the bar for the lat pull downs..so he could grab it with his good arm..WTF I never thought of that I stand on the bench to pull it down. 

So...no excuses..he is working to keep what he has...are we?

• Heart 3

I usually work out weekday mornings, but I did my Monday morning workout at 7 tonight. Did a legs day. I've been trying to bring them up. They did well during my PT days and pedaled a lot all year, but they need to push some pounds. That's my main goal for them this winter. So far, it's coming along well.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, smudge said:

I usually work out weekday mornings, but I did my Monday morning workout at 7 tonight. Did a legs day. I've been trying to bring them up. They did well during my PT days and pedaled a lot all year, but they need to push some pounds. That's my main goal for them this winter. So far, it's coming along well.

Don’t injure your knees. We had an old guy at the gym that was always on the leg press.  He enjoyed heavy weights. He was there regularly for a year or so and then he disappeared never to be seen again. They said he blew out his knees.

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Don’t injure your knees. We had an old guy at the gym that was always on the leg press.  He enjoyed heavy weights. He was there regularly for a year or so and then he disappeared never to be seen again. They said he blew out his knees.

Already blew out a knee. ?   I don't lift that heavy. I put forth a good effort, but I don't kill myself. 

• Awesome 1

It’s hard to get a good full body workout on just the bike. I’ve let myself go somewhat since I retired. The bike is great cardio and great for legs and can really help your abs but there is a lot more. Today my gym looked like Chris’s gym, I had the whole place to myself except for the pool. I normally do laps first but there was a mom and some teenage daughters floating on noodles in the lap pool so I hit the gym first today. When I came back to the pool I had the lap pool to myself.