It’s a sad day

Parr8hed

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

No shit.  Mine is 31 feet from bumper to tip of tongue.  When I was standing next to his RV I was just like "shit man, this thing is Yuge!"

My nephew just bought one of those. He received a nice inheritance when his father in law died. They have been shopping for a new house and the next thing I know this thing is sitting in his driveway. Not a choice I would have made but to each his own. It barely fits in his driveway. 

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Do you have to fully winterize the lines?  I would love a winter rated trailer.  Not sure how well those work.  

We do quite a process to Winter ours.  Blowing out the lines...etc. <self reported>

Ours is stored in our garage next to our truck.  It fits in our gigantic garage.  

Yes, I pump antifreeze through all of the lines.  The outdoor shower, indoor shower, head, and both sinks.  Drain the water heater and bypass it.  Shut off and empty fridge/freezer.  I washed all of the towels and sheets and got all of the food out of it. 

57 minutes ago, 12string said:

I wish I had a barn to store my trailers!

Packed the camper away last week.   Boat gets winterized next week, but hasn't been out since August.

I wish I did as well.  My only complaint about where I live, no barns in the backyard.  If I just had a place for Emmy to pitch in the cold or rain and a place to keep my camper it would be dope.  This barn belongs to one of my patients.

• Awesome 1

On 11/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, Longjohn said:

Scott LR from the LF stores his camper over a mile deep in an old limestone mine. He made a video two years ago of the drive back into the mine. I would get lost.

Old limestone quarry underneath the Louisville Zoo.  It is huge.   A ton of people keep boats and campers down there.  They have a MTB park down there, offices and you can drive through Christmas lights this time of year.  There is even a Zip line!  And it is climate controlled.  Pretty cool stuff.  

14 hours ago, 12string said:

I stopped using antifreeze in the camper years ago.  If you use air to blow out the lines there's nothing to freeze.  Still have to pour a little in each drain.  And don' bypass the hot water tank, blow it out with the rest of the lines

I know some people do this but my opinion is that it's hard on the water pump.  I will stick with antifreeze.  It's cheap and I know it works.  I can do it right at the campsite.  I don't like change much.  ?

It's terrible on the water pump.  Which is why you don't do it to the pump.  Turn the pump off, 15lbs of air into the city water, open all the faucets (hot first) till they spit air.  Grab a beer and wait.  No swapping out bottle after bottle, no dumping antifreeze in the sprng...  You will have to suck about a cup of antifreeze into the pump, but you have to do that for either method.  You don't even have to climb under and open drain valves if you don't want to.  I do, only because it's quicker and I can drink my beer fast

• Heart 1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, Parr8hed said:

I wish I did as well.  My only complaint about where I live, no barns in the backyard.  If I just had a place for Emmy to pitch in the cold or rain and a place to keep my camper it would be dope.  This barn belongs to one of my patients.

Why can’t you have a barn in the backyard? HOA? Zoning? Those people can be bought.

33 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Why can’t you have a barn in the backyard? HOA? Zoning? Those people can be bought.

I have a little mini-barn back there.  But I don't think that I have enough room for a full-on pole barn back there.  I only have a one acre lot.  I would need something at least 50 feet deep for Emmy to pitch in.  At least 12 foot doors, and probably about 14 foot ceiling height.  So a 40 X 50 barn would be pretty out of place back there.  Plus I kinda like the view....

The wife's parents have  10 acres of land that they are not currently using about 25 miles away.  I may try to see if he want's to go halves on a barn.  I get to put my camper in it and let Emmy pitch/hit in it and he gets a barn to keep equipment in for half the cost.  Not bad.  

• Awesome 1