So Cal was the problem

Road Runner

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

So "they" say.  Lettuce is okay now as long as it isn't from So Cal.  I saved my big bag of romaine I bought the day before the scare.  It is from Mexico.  We can trust Mexico, right?  I am going to eat some tonight.  Ole!   :)

Yes, nothing can come out badly from a week old food sourced from Mexico.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

So "they" say.  Lettuce is okay now as long as it isn't from So Cal.  I saved my big bag of romaine I bought the day before the scare.  It is from Mexico.  We can trust Mexico, right?  I am going to eat some tonight.  Ole!   :)

I hope you do not have a "caravan of migrants" fleeing South after eating the Mexican lettuce.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I hope you do not have a "caravan of migrants" fleeing South after eating the Mexican lettuce.

No more than usual, I'm sure.  I buy this stuff all the time from BJ's.  BJ's wouldn't buy lettuce from So Cal and label it as a product of Mexico, would they?  At some point, we have to trust the food chain.  I'm certainly not going to start growing my own....   :mellow:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

No more than usual, I'm sure.  I buy this stuff all the time from BJ's.  BJ's wouldn't buy lettuce from So Cal and label it as a product of Mexico, would they?  At some point, we have to trust the food chain.  I'm certainly not going to start growing my own....   :mellow:

Sounds like a great plan.....  

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Baja Mexico pretty much is..  SoCal has a very diverse population base these days.  Yeah the Hispanic population is huge but Asian & Pacific Islanders are just as common, especially where I live.

How about Romans? That's the only question that is germane.

• Heart 1