Sand Therapy

Dirtyhip

So, I work with Psychologists.  One of them has a sand therapy set in her office.  She has about a billion toys to use in the sand.  The idea of this is to "create your world" or "create a scene."

Well, I have been having fun with it, when she is not in her office.  She laughs when she comes back and finds a new scene.  I asked her if my scenes screamed "WACKO."  She said they are symmetrical.  Good is often conquering evil. The good guys are never outnumbered. They also tell a complete story that is easy to follow.  

The scenes I have created so far:

1.  Martians on one side of the box and army soldiers on the other.  A large tank driving over a sand berm towards the aliens.  

2. A bunch of animals leaving a house and following each other in a circle and the last one is climbing out of the sand box.

3.  An alien with a cop in his claw grip, a cop car overturned and building knocked over.  In the corner of the scene Batman, Superman and Aquaman are marching in to save the day.

4.  A doll strapped down with rubber bands like Gullivers travels and a bunch of little figures around her.

What should I do next?

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

THIS!!!!!!!

Does she have a toy steam roller or lawn mower?  That might make it a bit more twisted, if the mower was running over the heads buried in the sand.

If she has any Barbies, or other dolls where you can take the heads and arms and legs off, you could take a Barbie apart and have the animals all getting a piece.

Just now, jsharr said:

Does she have a toy steam roller or lawn mower?  That might make it a bit more twisted, if the mower was running over the heads buried in the sand.

If she has any Barbies, or other dolls where you can take the heads and arms and legs off, you could take a Barbie apart and have the animals all getting a piece.

Dark.  I am loving these ideas.

We may change her mind about me being completely sane.