My Medical Plan Rocks!

ChrisL

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Actually my employer rocks as they provide our plans free to the employee and I pay 50% of the premium for family.  My premium is 1/3 of what I paid for before and....

I just renewed 4 prescriptions for $65 on a 90 day supply.  It used to cost me about $300 before...

I got a slight bump in pay with this new job but my medical costs have dropped tremendously really helping our finances.

Excellent.  My brother took a big cut in pay after his employer closed up manufacturing in America and he took a management position with the State Highway Admin., running a warehouse.  He wasn't sure he'd accept the offer, saying, "Maybe I'll take the job until something better comes along."

I told him he wasn't looking at the big picture: his health insurance would cost much less and have lower copays with no deductible that would also be a low-price Medicare supplemental after he retired. He'd be vested in a pension in 5 years and if he worked 16 years (up to age 67) he'd get 24% of his final salary in a pension that had a COLA, in addition to Social Security.  He loves getting prescriptions now compared to before.

I had a similar experience in the 80's when I went from industrial chemistry research to public school teaching.  I mentally pat my younger self on the back every day for making the move.

• Heart 1

Heck...all youse rubbing it in

I'm thre f'n boss and the best I can do is $400/mo ea. But max out of pocket is like $7500....each. Goddess forbid we each get sick. WoScrapr turn this year. She tapped out the max OOP early in the year. It's all free now! We go in and they say your co pay is.....let me look....ohhh, no charge. 

We paid all of OOP earlier this year waiting for all the bills to settle. The CS gal was young...she says looks like your total is $xxx. How much do you want to pay? WoScrapr & I look at each other....all of it? I don't think she had that happen often. It was the largest one she had done. CS gal got a little spiff out of it. LOL

51 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Heck...all youse rubbing it in

I'm thre f'n boss and the best I can do is $400/mo ea. But max out of pocket is like $7500....each. Goddess forbid we each get sick. WoScrapr turn this year. She tapped out the max OOP early in the year. It's all free now! We go in and they say your co pay is.....let me look....ohhh, no charge. 

We paid all of OOP earlier this year waiting for all the bills to settle. The CS gal was young...she says looks like your total is $xxx. How much do you want to pay? WoScrapr & I look at each other....all of it? I don't think she had that happen often. It was the largest one she had done. CS gal got a little spiff out of it. LOL

Not trying to rub it in, sorry if it came off that way. 

I've had high stress jobs with shit benefits for years.  My last job was low stress with shit benefits.  I just consider myself really fortunate and was reminded of how fortunate I am when I went to renew my RX and was expecting to pay so much more.

32 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Not trying to rub it in, sorry if it came off that way. 

I've had high stress jobs with shit benefits for years.  My last job was low stress with shit benefits.  I just consider myself really fortunate and was reminded of how fortunate I am when I went to renew my RX and was expecting to pay so much more.

No worries. We really like our plan & our Docs. If we were not frequent fliers the last couple years we'd be in good shape. Fortunately we have the resources to deal with it. 

I'm happy for ya. But I'm still searching for that nirvana