Uh oh...

Randomguy

No shakes today.  I ended up being really late to the interview, which is never a good thing.  The train kept stopping and the announcements kept saying we were being held for "train traffic up ahead".  When I finally got to my station, I plugged the address into my phone for walking directions, and it kept saying I was walking away from where it was sending me, no matter what direction I turned.  I did another search and the same results, and ended up wasting ten minutes.  Restarting my phone solved the issue, btw.  Ten minutes early ended up being twenty minutes late.

That said, the interview went well.  I had to do a powerpoint presentation of a QBR for an existing client of theirs.  I had never done a powerpoint presentation before, but idiots do them all the time, so I figured it couldn't be that hard.  I also didn't know what their definition of a QBR was, so I had to research it and fudge it.  I think I did well, my interviewer said as much, and she liked me for sure.

Cross your fingers.

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Fingers crossed.  Travel in your city sounds challenging.  

If the trains are running properly, usually it is pretty easy to get around.  If they are not running properly, it can suck bad.  The train service has gotten much worse in the last five years.  

Finding out where you are going is generally easy here, too, much of the city lies in a grid system with the avenues all going north and south and the streets going east and west.  There are finite areas not in a grid, though, and one such area was where the interview was, and I never go to that area.

When you come here to visit, I will be the tour guide and take you and K wherever you want to go.  It really only gets stressful when you have to be a certain place at a certain time.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

If the trains are running properly, usually it is pretty easy to get around.  If they are not running properly, it can suck bad.  The train service has gotten much worse in the last five years.  

Finding out where you are going is generally easy here, too, much of the city lies in a grid system with the avenues all going north and south and the streets going east and west.  There are finite areas not in a grid, though, and one such area was where the interview was, and I never go to that area.

When you come here to visit, I will be the tour guide and take you and K wherever you want to go.  It really only gets stressful when you have to be a certain place at a certain time. 

I hope that Amazon invests heavily in the subway system.  I hear that it needs upgrading, and will see more traffic with the center they are putting in.  

Watching Sex and City, NYC seems so glamorous.  Lots to do and see.  Guggenheim, etc.  Amazing.  

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

He is a good tour guide, especially for beer and pizza.  At least he was 10 years ago

• Heart 1