Finished radiation treatment today.

goldendesign

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:runcirclsmiley:I think I saw that on Friday the 13th...or was it Jason...or some other scary movie (I do not do scary)   Glad it is over...still sending out prayers for your healing....how is the food thing going?

Lost a total of 17# so best diet I've been on I'm awhile. ?

Did you get to ring the bell after your last treatment? When my wife was in the one guy was just getting his last treatment and wanted to ring the bell. They said they didn’t have one. Another guy waiting on his treatment said they needed one and he pulled out his phone and ordered one. He left the center staff pick it out. It hadn’t come in yet when my wife had her last treatment. I like that mask, quite the souvenir. Praying that the recovery goes smooth.

After my treatment was over, I landed in physical therapy a bunch of times. Your emotions will be all over the block. I know, you're thinking how is that different from what you've been going through.

It just is different. I wanted my life back, all of it, and that just wasn't in the cards.

Most of life is an additive process. So you start from where you are, and add a little at a time. When you can, start with daily exercise, but do it easy, a walk around the block, something like that. I am currently using a treadmill, but they are expensive, and you don't want the usual crap people get. The best alternative is a good rower, a Concept 2.

Drink a lot of green tea, it has something in it that seems to inhibit a lot of cancers. Don't get it in a supermarket

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My oncologist told me that too. I don’t drink enough of it. They need to come out with a green tea that tastes like coffee.

I actually laughed at that. Too true.

I would really like to be able to offer some help here. The cheap stuff not only doesn't taste good, it's prob loaded with pesticides. 

Mighty Leaf Tropical Green has a pleasant taste, but it's a weak tea. You can add some matcha or other green tea to beef it up, but that's less than idea.

Good matcha is expensive, $60 for a tin that lasts 4 or 5 weeks.

The nice green teas are all expensive, near as I can tell. Harney offers sample sizes, order a few of those, and see what appeals to you.

https://www.harney.com/pages/green-teas

https://www.teavivre.com/green-tea-sample-packs.html

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, late said:

The nice green teas are all expensive, near as I can tell. Harney offers sample sizes, order a few of those, and see what appeals to you.

Maybe my wife and I can become tea totalers? She already drinks tea every day but she drinks black tea.