Doubt my potluck lunch contribution will be eaten much

shootingstar

I made sun-dried tomato, mushroom couscous for a potluck early-Christmas luncheon after a large corporate meeting tomorrow.  Will be lucky if 50% will be eaten. I've already set aside large portion for myself as leftover supper this wk.

I've nearly given up bringing what I consider interesting home dishes for such events.  Once I brought 1 large bottles of Perrier sparking water. That was my contribution. 

One year there were over....30 different desserts.  People brought whatever they felt like.  :desk: For some reason that year, everyone coincidentally were thinking alike.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I made sun-dried tomato, mushroom couscous for a potluck early-Christmas luncheon after a large corporate meeting tomorrow.  Will be lucky if 50% will be eaten. I've already set aside large portion for myself as leftover supper this wk.

I've nearly given up bringing what I consider interesting home dishes for such events.  Once I brought 1 large bottles of Perrier sparking water. That was my contribution. 

One year there were over....30 different desserts.  People brought whatever they felt like.  :desk: For some reason that year, everyone coincidentally were thinking alike.

Don't sell yourself short, I once made a cinnamon and slivered almond couscous dish for a potluck because we had a bunch of indian vegetarians at the company I was with, and it was totally gone pretty quickly.

33 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

My dish got half eaten up.

I consider this ok.

Yes, lots of food.  Cassava cake, potato-cheese perogies, roasted potato -argula salad, light pizza, etc.  Someone made these pretzel Christmas trees with brownie base:  https://www.cbc.ca/parents/food/view/chocolate-pretzel-christmas-tree-brownies

I think that is quite good.  You have to consider that everyone is bringing enough to feed at least 5 - 10 people, and most people don't eat 5 times what they usually do at potlucks, maybe twice their usual amount would be more in line with reality.  If yours was half gone, that means that it was noticed and liked and a few people probably went back for more.

• Heart 1