For you forumites with beards

Road Runner

What do you use to keep stray want-to-go-their-own-way whiskers in check?  Some sort of glutenous gloppy stuff seems gross but I am considering it.  I have a couple areas where the bastards refuse to be like their brothers and insist on rebelling.  :angry:

Any advice on how to put down the whisker rebellion?  :)

• Haha 1

I can't imagine putting any damn cream in my beard. But then the idea putting hair product in my hair makes me queasy.

The answer to your question is scissors. But you'll prob want to shave the part of your neck where you don't want the beard.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, late said:

The answer to your question is scissors. But you'll prob want to shave the part of your neck where you don't want the beard.

I shave everything except the mustache and goatee (chin) area.  I have been trimming the wild bastards but after I cut one or two, others seem to pop up to take their place.  Soon, I'll have no beard left.  Instead of continually cutting them, I would prefer to tame them.  :)

59 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

What do you use to keep stray want-to-go-their-own-way whiskers in check?  Some sort of glutenous gloppy stuff seems gross but I am considering it.  I have a couple areas where the bastards refuse to be like their brothers and insist on rebelling.  :angry:

Any advice on how to put down the whisker rebellion?  :)

We really cannot comment with some pics of you and your beard from various angles and your street address so we know about environmental influences.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

This was actually pretty funny, but none of you got it.   no.gif.8adb099bcd453b3b739529b5be01bd4b.gif

Alexander Hamilton kept two sets of books. That stayed a secret for over 200 years. He used  taxes to drive whiskey makers crazy. He wanted the rebellion, in the hopes that it would be the start of a stronger federal government. Washington never said a word about it, but I have long wondered if that was the big reason he was fired.

I'm not a minor god of information fer nuttin'.

• Heart 1

Beard oil's the thing to use as it softens and makes the hair more manageable. It has a nice smell too but beware as it makes one very attractive to women.........on second thoughts.. for you this might not be a problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XD1FHFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Beard oil's the thing to use as it softens and makes the hair more manageable. It has a nice smell too but beware as it makes one very attractive to women.........on second thoughts.. for you this might not be a problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XD1FHFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oil is good and all,but it does not manage the bead the way it should.. makes me feel like it's always wet and anything I might brush up against gets that oil on it for a few hours til it all soaks in (if it ever does).

That's why I like the beard balm.. it takes a bit to dry, and it holds the beard in place nicely.

• Awesome 1

Seriously though...as if that is an option practiced around here...when I go to the barber as they are finishing the ask if I want cream/spray/moose in my hair which I always decline. All it does is attract dirt. What I found very effective is kind of like the old B&W slapstick movies where the entire face is wrapped in a hot towel, when shaving, lay a hot washcloth on hair combed in place. It will soften and mold the hair in place with final brushing while still soft...and no oils to attract dirt.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My girl keeps my beard short enough that I don’t have a problem with wild hairs. She used to ask how I wanted it and I always told her it was up to her. Several times I was going to shave it off but my wife wants me to keep it. I’ve had it 30 years.

Actually, I prefer being shaved, but I look better (if that is even possible) with a beard.  Either way is fine.  A beard is just a little more trouble and I am extremely lazy.  Shaving off everything is easy.  :)  

• Awesome 1