Secret Military Training Base

jsharr

I seldom use drive thrus, but when I go in a Chick Fil A, they often will hand me my order by the time I finish paying.  And if not, they bring it to my table and a nice lady comes by a bit later to see if she can get me anything or refresh my drink.   And their employees really are in good moods.  Canes Chicken is sort of the same way.

With my new eating habits, my visits to both places will be much less frequently.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, jsharr said:

I seldom use drive thrus, but when I go in a Chick Fil A, they often will hand me my order by the time I finish paying.  And if not, they bring it to my table and a nice lady comes by a bit later to see if she can get me anything or refresh my drink.   And their employees really are in good moods.  Canes Chicken is sort of the same way.

With my new eating habits, my visits to both places will be much less frequently.

Why the change? I noticed you were eating better too.

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Why the change? I noticed you were eating better too.

I need to lose weight, lower BP, lower blood sugar and save money.   Last night was stir fry veggies, some pan crisped tofu and noodles.

Today is a spicy oven baked chicken breast half and some steamed veggies.

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I need to lose weight, lower BP, lower blood sugar and save money.   Last night was stir fry veggies, some pan crisped tofu and noodles.

Today is a spicy oven baked chicken breast half and some steamed veggies.

Chick Fil A has some decent healthier eating choices.  Salads and broiled chicken tenders are what I usually get.  

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Chick Fil A has some decent healthier eating choices.  Salads and broiled chicken tenders are what I usually get.  

Their wraps are pretty bomb diggity too.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/fast-food-menu-healthy-slideshow/slide-3

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I need to lose weight, lower BP, lower blood sugar and save money.

My PCP recommended I add a little vinegar into my diet. I looked into it and it seems to be a consensus it's a good thing. I put a squirt into a glass of water one or two times a day. I don't find the drink offensive. YMMV.

37 minutes ago, donkpow said:

My PCP recommended I add a little vinegar into my diet. I looked into it and it seems to be a consensus it's a good thing. I put a squirt into a glass of water one or two times a day. I don't find the drink offensive. YMMV.

What's the vinegar supposed to do?

Just now, ChrisL said:

Being ascetic acid. I didn't chase it down but it is supposed to help. I've known for most of my life that a tablespoon of vinegar before a meal is supposed to be a "digestive aid". How that extends to body chemistry after intake, I don't know. The recommendation was to lower BP but other recommendations include lowering cholesterol.

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

54 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

51 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Being ascetic acid. I didn't chase it down but it is supposed to help. I've known for most of my life that a tablespoon of vinegar before a meal is supposed to be a "digestive aid". How that extends to body chemistry after intake, I don't know. The recommendation was to lower BP but other recommendations include lowering cholesterol.

38 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I forgot to say, apple cider vinegar is specified. No other type does it.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I'll check into it.  I use it fairly often and have different types, even the fancy balsamic @Dirtyhip likes.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar

• Heart 3