Are any of you other bozos frustrated by Outlook search like I am?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by maddmaxx,

Uncle Google has Shirley spoilt me with good searching technology.  Microsloth has porked the pooch something horrible with both Windows AND Outlook. 

The XP dawg was awesome at finding things easily as he pawed at the ground cutely.  The new Windows search within files can;t find its ass with both hands!

And Outlook 2016 search is better than in the older Outlook crap, but that is damning with faint praise!

On the plus side the forum now has a pretty kickass search.  Not quite Google, but close enough!

And since we are nearing Festivus, let me air one more grievance.  A website I use for work is absolutely horibibble!  It relies solely on search, and the search sucks!  It absolutely HAD to have been designed by drunken lemurs!

Whew!  Ranting takes a lot of !!!!s!  Forgive me roadsue, for I have sinned. :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I think the outlook search works fine. At home I'm on Office 2010, but at work we're on Office365. What I don't like aboot the new Office is the icons. They're like stick figures. I mean come one MS, icons back in the '90s looked like real folders, disks and such.

44 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I think the outlook search works fine. At home I'm on Office 2010, but at work we're on Office365. What I don't like aboot the new Office is the icons. They're like stick figures. I mean come one MS, icons back in the '90s looked like real folders, disks and such.

I searched for a piece of a word then the whole word and got very different results. That would be ok but the piece of a word didn't find all it should have, so word stemming is not working. Very inconsistent IMO. 

• Heart 1

Have not noticed any overt problems with Outlook's search other than PEBCAK. YMMV. Though you will get different results if you filter "Current Mailbox" vs "Current Folder". It helps to know if the email was sent or received.

I have noticed that some sites are horrible. My go to phrase is that they look like some worker's kid's 8th grade web project. (Thought I think many 8th graders can do a better job.)

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I guess snot.  It is just me and maybe Scapr, unless that was just a pity like. :( :D

Not pity. Just contempt (for microsoft)  outlook feels like it's back in 1999. 

WoScrapr is on Yahoo mail. I am not sure which one is worse. Normally i would not care. But i am the IT admin in our household and also MIL household

Just now, Scrapr said:

FIFY

Yeah, I love gmail.  Not sure we would have gone with that.  We are pretty invested in Microsoft.  We have a lot of applications that are tied to Word.  I suspect we have 100k users, not sure what that costs us with Microsoft, but I suspect it would have been more with Google.  Plus while I like the Google apps, they are nowhere near as robust as Office.

9 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I searched for a piece of a word then the whole word and got very different results. That would be ok but the piece of a word didn't find all it should have, so word stemming is not working. Very inconsistent IMO. 

I haven't searched my Outlook email by keyword....probably for last 9 months.