Green tea

late

I ordered 10 different types of green tea today. Yay me.

These guys have melon seed tea, and that's one of the samples. Their description doesn't quite match my memory, but it's likely not from the same farm.

These guys have the biggest selection of green tea I've seen. They also do black tea, but that's a project for another day.

https://www.teavivre.com/

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I'm trying to stretch my green tea I bought from Kyoto, Japan when we were there last June. My stock is getting low.  It's a quality and brand hard to get here without paying triple the price here.  ?

I know what you mean. I'm worried what I wind up liking will cost many times what my Mighty Leaf costs.

I keep saying 'Don't buy supermarket tea'.

Guess what I saw today?

Yup, Mighty Leaf, including the one I use, right there in my local supermarket.

I ordered some more samples from Harney on monday. I got an email saying it would be shipping soon. They even gave me a tracking number, which lets the shipping company inform me that they don't have it yet.

So. the earliest they can now get it in the mail is monday. A week isn't soon. The same day is soon, the next day is soon. The day after that isn't soon, but hardly worth griping over.

But a week is only soon if you're British. While the warehouse is in America, you can tell it's run by Brits.

21 minutes ago, late said:

I ordered some more samples from Harney on monday. I got an email saying it would be shipping soon. They even gave me a tracking number, which lets the shipping company inform me that they don't have it yet.

So. the earliest they can now get it in the mail is monday. A week isn't soon. The same day is soon, the next day is soon. The day after that isn't soon, but hardly worth griping over.

But a week is only soon if you're British. While the warehouse is in America, you can tell it's run by Brits.

Harney has good gunpowder green, that is the green I primarily get from them.  If you like to make tea iced as well, their Lemony Gunpowder is fantastic iced.  I wish I liked green tea as much as I like black tea, but I do not.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Harney has good gunpowder green, that is the green I primarily get from them.  If you like to make tea iced as well, their Lemony Gunpowder is fantastic iced.  I wish I liked green tea as much as I like black tea, but I do not.

Gunpowder is one of the stronger greens. I first tried it in the 1970s, and bought some (mostly for the heck of it) at an Asian grocery about a year ago.

I like the milder types.

I also like black better, I start the day with black, and when that gets old, I brew up 12 oz of green.

You might like matcha.

Matcha needs some stirring, I use this (it's also good for making hot cocoa)

https://www.amazon.com/aerolatte-Deluxe-Frother-Stand-Stainless/dp/B0001RT1OS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1543688243&sr=8-7&keywords=aerolatte+frother

https://letsmatcha.com/