What products or other stuff really sucks, yet they continue to thrive?

Road Runner

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I agree.  Seriously.  The current fascination with vampires/zombies is a very strange phenomena to me.  But then again, I never cared for Robin Williams either.  :(

It seems that there has been a reduction of vampires since the zombies started up. That and the scandals that hit the Catholic Church have also put a clamp on vampires. Who you gonna call?

38 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I agree.  Seriously.  The current fascination with vampires/zombies is a very strange phenomena to me.  But then again, I never cared for Robin Williams either.  :(

I gave you a like for the vampire/zombie part, but not the Robin Williams part.

• Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

How about Don Rickles?  I never thought he was funny either.  

I feel like he's a generational thing - I always associated his appeal with the generation or two before me. 

For some reason, if he were still around today I think he'd see a resurgence in popularity.  A comic specializing in insulting people?  He'd fit right in, in 2018. :(

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, 12string said:

Spam.  Vampires won't even eat it.  Except for the vegan vampires, I'm not sure there's any actual meat in it.  But I bet Robin Williams ate it.

Oh but Hawaiians love it.  I wonder what the % of spam is eaten on the Islands?   Fried Spam slices with Sushi rice wrapped in seaweed (Spam Musubi) is pretty freaking tasty.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Sadly, you probably didn't understand him.

Yes.  That was it.  I have trouble understanding why his shtick was at all funny to anyone but very small children.  I admit I am in the minority.  Others (some who also probably didn't understand him) laughed uproariously at his antics, but I just gazed in astonishment.   Don Rickles, as well.

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Oh but Hawaiians love it.  I wonder what the % of spam is eaten on the Islands?   Fried Spam slices with Sushi rice wrapped in seaweed (Spam Musubi) is pretty freaking tasty.

Grilled Spam on toast with mustard, the meal of choice among poor sailors living ashore everywhere.  No proper snake ranch was complete without a master spamcook.

• Heart 2